Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumping rubble...

• 26-10-2006 1:37pm

...in the house since the start of the year, the outside is still a bit of a mess. Lots of rubble and bits of wood around the place. Thinking of cutting up the wood, though it has a lot of nails in it, and giving it to someone to burn inside. But will still be left with broken bricks, a big metal drum, rubbish, lumps of concrete and plaster. Not enough for a skip. Can I just load up a transit and fire it into the local dump? Will they take that sort of stuff or only household waste?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

well i know my local dump doesnt allow vans in . another option is the baby skip
    www.babyskip.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭theexis

Not sure if this is the same as above - last time I was in B&Q (or maybe Homebase) they were selling large canvas bags - you fill it will rubble then call a number any the company come and collect it. It was around 30 euro for a 1 tonne bag.

Thanks, didn't hear that one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

The bag costs €30, but as far as I remember, you have to pay €120 to get it collected...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

babyskip is the co. that collect those large canvas bags - call into any builders providers (don't know about B&Q) and buy the bag - two sizes available. Large one is 20 quid for the bag and i think 100 to collect it. great product and great service - they will collect within a day or two. had two of these at various times thru the summer and you fit loads in them.

• Advertisement

Sounds great. If they are canvas bags though, will they take stuff like planks with nails through them, broken bottles left around the site etc. etc.?

Bend the nails over and bag the broken glass, no problem...
    Forget about putting in long planks, all waste must fit inside the bag, they may refuse to collect it otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Anyone use this crowd? how quick are this babyskip crowd at collecting the bag\skip?
    it says on their website within 5 working days but that seems like an awful long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

have used them three times now (at various stages) - first two times they collected within 1 day - they had driver in the area - last time about 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

If there is a large recycling facility in your area they may have a drop-off for builders rubble. I know the facility in Dundalk has a huge skip for builders rubble and only costs about €2 for entry. Bargain.. BTW check before you arrive, just in case I didn't pay some huge fee that I was supposed to!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

only €2? me thinks ye should have been charged more. Ballyogan is the nearest place to me and that charges €5 for a carload of green waste and €20 for non green waste. problem is its only open 8.30 to 5.30 and dont have any free weekends to do a run or two.

With theses bags would i be better of just leaving it in the driveway just inside the gate rather than the on road infront of the house (in an estate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,240 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Try the civic recycling centre in Ballymount
    They take pretty much everything, lots of it is free too
    (textiles, electrical)
    I think its €15 for a car, not sure about a van.

details and map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

OP is in Kerry AFAIK.

A friend of mine, all the way from Dingle, had this problem many years ago. He dug a big hole and dumped the rubble in and then covered it over to make a nice mound. A few plants and the garden feature was done. If you could break the rubble with a sledge that makes the thing neater. Good exercise and therapeutic as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,240 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Heinrich wrote:
    OP is in Kerry AFAIK.
    Ahh I was responding to Scrufys comment about Ballyogan assuming he was the OP..oopsie.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

GreeBo wrote:
    Ahh I was responding to Scrufys comment about Ballyogan assuming he was the OP..oopsie.:o

No harm done, someone get a tip...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Another recommendation for babyskip here ,we've used them a good few times.

Great idea.

Advertisement