Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking

Options
  • 26-10-2006 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm trying to get street parking outside my (rented) house off Barrack St. I understand there are some forms I need to fill out and submit to.... I presume the county council but I'm not sure.
    Does anyone know the procedure for getting residential parking? I tried corkcoco.ie but couldn't find anything on parking.

Thanks,
    Bacchus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

I assume you mean you want to apply for a Parking Permit.

http://www.corkcity.ie/ourservices/roads/pdf/Residents_Permit_Application_Form.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

That's the one. Cheers. Do you by any chance know how long it takes to get one once you've applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

This might be useful too

http://www.corkcity.ie/ourservices/roads/pdf/residents_permit_guidelines.pdf

As far as I can remember it took about 2 weeks when I got mine last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I went into the office on Anglesea Street with all the paperwork, I left with a temporary permit and had the real item within 3 days.

Just make sure that you do have all the paperwork. They try to make the process as awkward as possible in order to deter chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Three days is impressive, I had the receipt on the dashboard for ~3 months before they sent me out the real yoke!

It's an awkward process for sure, the day I was in there, there was a big queue in front of me but it quickly diminished as people were turned away cause they didn't have the right documents with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

i agree with the three months... brutal slow, had to ring them to remind them to send it out as the ink on the temp. one had started to fade...

Advertisement