Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So long Moto!!

• 26-10-2006 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

I finally ditched my no good piece of crap Moto V3x for a Nokia 6234.
    After 2 diff phones and 3 trip to the phone hospital my patience ran out.

I've wanted a Nokia again for a while and was gonna wait till the N73 was released but I couldn't stand it any longer.

Anyone got any opinions on the 6234?
    A little late I know but sod it.

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Good phone and great cam quality, especially for the price. Only thing that would have made it better would be if it was s60 but still a great phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

good man. you shed the moto curse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pretty much the only "constructive" thing I was gonna add to this thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Got a 6234 a few weeks ago. Sturdy little phone, great camera etc. Had to send the first one back though as it would glitch quite a lot ('phone restricted - enter code' message would come up when I switched it on and I'd have to switch it on and off again) but no problems so far with the second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

well ...... a year or more ago I went to the Moto Shoppeee ...... bought a RTG E770v for 149.00 yo yo's ..... they gave me a 100.00 yo yo's credit (over the following 10 months) ...... I asked if I could have a new sim for my old phone, to keep as a spare ..... yep they said .... 10.00 yo yo's for the new sim ..... and the nice Moto shoppeeee man said you get 80.00 yo yo's credit (over 8 months) with the new sim .... are you sure I said? :eek: .... that's what the system said, he replied .... and I did get the 80.00 yo yo's ..... amazing that bit !!! ....:)

The E770v is still banging away for me .... and the spare Noki with all its free credit ....

That's my story .....

I'll get me coat !!!! ..... :p

• Advertisement

hobie wrote:
    The E770v is still banging away for me .... and the spare Noki with all its free credit ....
    oh i know they don't all break. if they did moto would be out of business by now (i wish). but most do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Soon as the K800 is out on Vodafone (any decade now) my 3X is gone.

We need a 'Dont buy Motorolra sticky'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

My upgrade is due next week and I'm ditching the V3x. What a piece of turd it is! Easily the worst phone I've ever owned. I'd rather have my first 088 phone back, it was that bad.

Thinking of getting the N80 as the N91 is a bit too expensive this close to christmas.

I have a V3x here working fine, but probably because I know how to maintain them (software wise). I've used about 7 Motorola phones over the years and only ever came across one dud, a V3.

But I use a 6680 as my main phone.

Karsini wrote:
    I have a V3x here working fine, but probably because I know how to maintain them (software wise).
    don't press any buttons?

or maybe throw it in the bin?

if a phone is faulty, no amount of software maintenance will make it work

the one my friend had would turn off as soon as the camera was accessed and occasionally would go up in menus when the down button was pushed. would maintaining the software have avoided these problems?

• Advertisement

I've never encountered anything like that. But V3s seem to be the worst, I've had to upgrade the software in an O2 branded one and even got a Claro (Peru) branded one to upgrade. Both worked fine after the update.

My V3x is an unlocked 3 model, I debranded it and upgraded the firmware to R252211LD_U_85.99.50R and it hasn't given me one ounce of bother. Except for the terrible battery life which I certainly won't hide.

The phones I had were: V300, V600, V550, V3, V635, V535, V3x. Not sure I'd get any more though - €99 for the 3 V3x was a steal considering they were €379 on Vodafone this time last year.

But yes, I will agree that they should test the software properly prior to releasing their phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Karsini wrote:
    I've never encountered anything like that. But V3s seem to be the worst, I've had to upgrade the software in an O2 branded one and even got a Claro (Peru) branded one to upgrade. Both worked fine after the update.

My V3x is an unlocked 3 model, I debranded it and upgraded the firmware to R252211LD_U_85.99.50R and it hasn't given me one ounce of bother. Except for the terrible battery life which I certainly won't hide.

The phones I had were: V300, V600, V550, V3, V635, V535, V3x. Not sure I'd get any more though - €99 for the 3 V3x was a steal considering they were €379 on Vodafone this time last year.

But yes, I will agree that they should test the software properly prior to releasing their phones.
    Where do mere mortals find this software? I tried googling V3x and software updates with no success.

Most people expect a phone to do what it says on the box without having to perform black magic on it. The V3x was certainly aimed at consumers and not tech-savvy individuals like yourself.

Where do mere mortals find this software? I tried googling V3x and software updates with no success.

Most people expect a phone to do what it says on the box without having to perform black magic on it. The V3x was certainly aimed at consumers and not tech-savvy individuals like yourself.
    i'm in the final year of a computer engineering degree and i couldn't get mine to work :) i think karsini was just lucky enough to get ones that weren't faulty. they do exist but only just enough to keep moto in business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meh, I've had two V3s and an E1000. E1000 worked fine, with no problems. V3 was iffy. First was crap and the second worked fine.

However, I would agree that the designer Motorolas (such as the V3, PEBL, L6) are fairly buggy, but there's never been any problems with the K1 (so far), V360 and the V525. Major issues anyway. Every phones (bar Samsungs) have had problems from my point of view.

Again though, the Motorola GUI is the most awkward, ill conceived and useless GUI on any phone. Ever.

I agree, they should do it properly first time. Just helps to be able to fiddle with it if a problem does arise.

The software's not officially available so I can't post links. But it's name is RSD Lite, that's all I'll say.

@Commander Vimes: Maybe I was just lucky. :)

Advertisement