Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Question, please help

Options
  • 26-10-2006 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Although I am a trinity student, can you help me here?

I am currently in second year,
    If I drop out now, and go into another course next september in a different college, will I only have to pay fees for first year, as I have left second year so early?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Passport wrote:
    Although I am a trinity student, can you help me here?

I am currently in second year,
    If I drop out now, and go into another course next september in a different college, will I only have to pay fees for first year, as I have left second year so early?

Thanks for your help.
    Its quite late in the year for UCD, remember that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

yeah I would take a year out, work earn money to pay fees, and apply next year, that's why I need to know If i will have to pay my own fees just for first year, or for both first and second year.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It depends on the course. You're best bet is to contact the UCD registrar and try and bargain with him. Surely the credit system should help you out!

What credit system? what are you talking about,I am talking about the fees that the government pay each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I'd be pretty sure that when you get into second year, you definitely won't have to ay your second semester fees, no sure about your first semester though. As was said, registrar is your best bet I'd say.

• Advertisement

abelard wrote:
    I'd be pretty sure that when you get into second year, you definitely won't have to ay your second semester fees, no sure about your first semester though. As was said, registrar is your best bet I'd say.

ok cool, what is registrar? where was that said?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Passport wrote:
    ok cool, what is registrar? where was that said?
    Tut tut....trinners:)

had a quick gander at the ucd website and the address for the registrars office is http://www.ucd.ie/regist/. The admissions office is part of the registrars office and my best guess would be to email them with your query. Their email address is on that webpage.

But is tehre not a set system for all colleges?
    it is a government thing after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

as far as i know if you have confirmed your attendence with the HEA uve used ur ticket for 1st and second year up now so u prob just wont have to pay for how ever many years u do after second, if that makes any sence!

• Advertisement

Passport wrote:
    But is tehre not a set system for all colleges?
    it is a government thing after all?

Could be, but I have no idea where one would find this "set system" if it actually exists. Would still go with admissions office.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Why dont you contact your course co-ordinator/student advisor? I assume trinity has these things?

I know that (at least in the past..)if you drop out before a certain date that you dont have to pay the fees for that year, also theres a date around christmas that if u drop out (and inform relative people of course) you'll only have to pay half fees. Least that was the way in DIT when i was there a couple years ago, might be different now but i'd doubt it. Either way, contact someone like the above and they can either tell you or tell you who to contact to find out.

I dont think the government has someone you can ring, think they just deal with the colleges etc? Not sure of this tho.

Advertisement