Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Large MODEL car stickers

Options
  • 26-10-2006 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

What is it with these people driving around with large lettering on their rear window stating the model of car,

E.g saw a 1997 Fiat Punto with PUNTO in 12" letters

Also saw a Volkswagen Bora yesterday with "BORA" in similar lettering...and where he is supposed to have Baile Atha Cliath on his reg plate guess what he has................................BORA 1.4

WHY?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its to impress you!
    Surely a large Punto sticker increases its resale value?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Yeah , impressive allright .
    Seriously does anyone else agree that these stickers look ridiculous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I remeber in the early nineties lots of cars had the big red letters in the back window

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I work in a Toyota dealership, and you should see the amount of Corollas with COROLLA written in big lettering on them, as if we don't know what the worlds biggest selling car looks like

Onkle51 wrote:
    I remeber in the early nineties lots of cars had the big red letters in the back window

Yes, remember "the *FIESTA* touch" stickers

*insert name here*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Did you not know, its for people who have bad eye-sight :D:D

fiesta.jpg

remember that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

What is it with these people driving around with large lettering on their rear window stating the model of car,

Also saw a Volkswagen Bora yesterday with "BORA" in similar lettering...and where he is supposed to have Baile Atha Cliath on his reg plate guess what he has................................BORA 1.4

WHY?

Its to prevent Alfa drivers from crashing into them. Afterall if thet cannot read the test reports, chances are they might not be able to see well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

WHY?

To hide the L plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are a bit like "go faster" stripes. They add extra bhp or so the owner thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

When did u last see No Fear or Max Power on a rear windscreen?

I do remember someone putting an adhesive strip on the windscreen with the car number plate on it and the cops hauled them on the street...........

Another adhesive strip read " Go on the Japs" and then i saw it again minus
    the s...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I think those 'Suped.ie' stickers are all the rage now. I've even seen them on Daewoo Matiz's!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

They just want to make sure that you know they drive a Punto.... Its a status symbol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I've got a CORSA one in the back window of my 106....it's to confuse pursuing gardaí :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's a guy around here in Kilkenny driving a Golf with a huge "VOLKSWAGON" sticker across the top of the windscreen. Yes, its spelt like that on the sticker.

Muppet.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ROFFLE! :D

The worst stickers I think are the ones with shopping lists on the doors of what they bought for noise, both inside and out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I spotted a new type fiesta yesterday with those dodgy 2 tone window tints, the best bit was he had those cheap chrome badges on the side behind the rear doors....DUB, M-Power...on a fiesta:rolleyes:

Advertisement