Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

• 26-10-2006 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I got a copy of this from a friend of a friend the other day. It was one of those Journalism perks, and to him it represented Metal (which certainly is not), but since the heaviest thing he listens to is The Killers I wasnt suprised it ended up in my hands.

Listening to it with an open mind, and judging it as a concept album, it doesnt actually sound that bad. From a person who likes Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Meatloaf, Def Leppard etc etc I have to say it doesnt sound a million miles away from them and if they didnt look so bloody terrible and appeal to a much younger age group then me I might give them more attention. Certainly worth a listen if a friend puts it on the radio, but Im not sure if it deserves to be top of the UK Charts

...But the duet with Liza Minelli is just absolutely uncalled for and disgusting!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

The second My Chemical Romance album was very good. I have this one, haven't listened to it much yet, one or two tracks sound quite alright. Then again, I'm not really into the old-school rock and metal unfluences they drew upon for this. i.e. I'm no Queen fan. Though teh tr00 Queen fans will probably find this excruciating to listen to.
    if they didnt look so bloody terrible...I might give them more attention
    Yeah, their physical appearance really ruins my aural enjoyment of the CD :rolleyes:
    You should really get over hang-ups like that. Good music can be rare enough to find without limiting yourself to liking only bands that adhere to your own personal fashion taste etc.
    wrote:
    Im not sure if it deserves to be top of the UK Charts
    Does half of the stuff that tops the UK charts ever really 'deserve' to? As far as I'm concerned MCR are by far the lesser of many evils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Did anybody see the actual Black Parade up Grafton Street ;ast saturday. I mean I love Metallica and all, but i wont be marching from the Garden of Rememberence to celebrate their triumphant return !

Haha I heard about it, there's actually a short video on youtube of it I think. Haha my bro came home that day "eh...why were there a load of kids marching around in black in town"? Ah well, fair play, 'twas a ballsy thing to do considering how hated MCR are and the amount of grief they were likely to get :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

is there not a black parade every weekend in temple bar anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Haha I heard about it, there's actually a short video on youtube of it I think. Haha my bro came home that day "eh...why were there a load of kids marching around in black in town"? Ah well, fair play, 'twas a ballsy thing to do considering how hated MCR are and the amount of grief they were likely to get :\

I saw it myself, they all gathered outside the Central Bank afterwards (their mecca I suppose) and waved around posters and then started fights with each other.

I saw this one 'MCR fan' beat up a girl when she told him he looked gay with all that eyeliner on. The dip**** had to be held back by several other guys who were trying to stop him kick the girl in the face. I was disgusted, and hopefully, this was an isolated incident

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

I saw it myself, they all gathered outside the Central Bank afterwards (their mecca I suppose) and waved around posters and then started fights with each other.

I saw this one 'MCR fan' beat up a girl when she told him he looked gay with all that eyeliner on. The dip**** had to be held back by several other guys who were trying to stop him kick the girl in the face. I was disgusted, and hopefully, this was an isolated incident
    Tut tut, emos nowdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

This band is absolutely horrible. Awful, awful emo pish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Het-Field wrote:
    Did anybody see the actual Black Parade up Grafton Street ;ast saturday. I mean I love Metallica and all, but i wont be marching from the Garden of Rememberence to celebrate their triumphant return !
    Yeah I did see it, though it was really odd aswell, they were all gathered around the street performance down by the Stephen Green shopping centre. Shoppers didn't know what the hell was going on, just a big "wtf?" smeared across everyone's face who passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Death to false metal. MCR are for faggots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

youtube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=NYMPkViU2ps

and as regards to the album - the song the end is a blatent rip off pink floyd the wall - not sure the name of the floyd song but i think its the opening track on the album

• Advertisement

faggots.
    Is that supposed to be a derogatory term there, bub?
    'Cause we all know how straight homophobia is :rolleyes:
    Haha oh wait, were you actually parodying a tr00 metal fan's attitude? :p

A
    N
    Y
    WAYS...^Heh I don't think I've listened right to the end of the album yet...you mean the hidden track with the Floyd thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Is that supposed to be a derogatory term there, bub?
    'Cause we all know how straight homophobia is :rolleyes:
    Haha oh wait, were you actually parodying a tr00 metal fan's attitude? :p

A
    N
    Y
    WAYS...^Heh I don't think I've listened right to the end of the album yet...you mean the hidden track with the Floyd thing?

Well... he's right. And saying homophobes are gay is usually found to be very untrue, I don't know where people got that idea that anyone who uses a gay bashing slur is trapped in the closet, they're usually trying to defend their manhood, which sadly can often become overly aggressive or violent behaviour. Sorry, went a little off topic there.

But what's the big deal about this band? Where do all these little failed juniour Slipknot Club morons come from? These kids and their supposed "pain." I find their behaviour usually results from a lack of pain or drama in their life, and feeling a need to exercise it upon themselves or try to explore this abstracted idea of "pain" (which seemingly is by dressing up like a goth and listening to emo-ish pop punk... it's painful to watch, anyway). But seriously, a lot of these kids that I knew in my teen years had a good family who supported them and did everything for them, and they would try so hard to be rebellious but their parents would always be forgiving and nice. I wondered maybe if one fo them walloped the kid a good one some day would this nonsense stop. Bleh, I'm ranting and raving now. To close, OMG JAREDS SO HAWT WIT DE BLOND HEYRE!!!!!!!!! j/k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

A
    N
    Y

haha - No not the end of the album - there is a track at the start of the Black Parade called "the end" - cus the concept is that the person dies, at the start of the album

^^I feel sorry for anyone who even cares enough to whine about what 'emo' kids do with their life. There's no reason it should bother you that much.

^Oh, right, so it's not like they stole any riffs, lol. Meh, it's just a concept. :\

^Oh, right, so it's not like they stole any riffs, lol. Meh, it's just a concept. :\

Im not so sure about that. The song 'I Dont Love You' sounds very borrowed from both Snow Patrol (Guitarist Intro especially) and Keane (the chorus reminds me of that song they did...the only famous one they've had so far, Everybodys Changing and I dont feel the same etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

^^I feel sorry for anyone who even cares enough to whine about what 'emo' kids do with their life. There's no reason it should bother you that much.
    :\

Way to condescend, do you have saddle sores from riding that high horse all day? Sorry for going off topic.

Thanks d00d. It' a fine art and I'm an artist. Apology accepted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

superconor wrote:
    Death to false metal. MCR are for faggots.

Comments like that are not appreciated here. Don't let me hear such crap from you again.

Besides, Rob Halford like the cock, and he's a lot more metal than you!
    Way to condescend, do you have saddle sores from riding that high horse all day?

I laughed. :D

Besides, Rob Halford like the cock, and he's a lot more metal than you!

Quote of the year lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Got the album earlier on today, have just finished listening to it ands it quite good, will have to listen to it a few more times in order for it to grow on me. But for a first listen it was pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

i have not got it yet[no money] but i have this to say

three cheers for sweet revene wsa a FANTASIC album,and helena was so good it sent suilvers down my hiars on my back

welcome to the black parade sucks

Doomspell wrote:
    Got the album earlier on today, have just finished listening to it ands it quite good

Its ok, it does grow on you

are all the songs similer to the welcome to the black parade in style/design/structure?

are all the songs similer to the welcome to the black parade in style/design/structure?

No its a very complex album, 'Teenagers' has a rather Punk edge to it and songs like 'Cancer' are emotional tearjerkers. Theres also a very 70s, Glam, Queen style to it (especially reminiscent in earlier Queen work like 'A Night at the Opera' and 'Day at the Races' and you do come away feeling that its very layered and takes a few ;o listens to straight through before anyone realises whats going on

also, on a similar point, i WAS down the local virgin there tonight and they had a copy of the boxset edition, no new tracks or anything, just a 48page booklet and itll cost you 48Euro for a copy of this with the album. Bit of a rip off, ud wonder why they just couldnt toss in some artwork and pictures with the normal version of the linear notes

mog nearly as bad as fox labelling family guy season 4 part 2 as ''season 5'' over here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It's odd, I listened their last album and didn't like it (I'll leave my comments about the actual band out) there was however one or two decent/catchy tracks. Now I hear The Black Parade single and the same thing seems to have happened. First half sounds very Green Day/American Idiot in what they seem to be trying to do and then the second half is pure pop punk stuff, wouldn't take its seriously but is abit of fun at least. Love the video though, completely stupid but in a Tim Burton-y kind of way. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Mate of mine who would not normally be a fan of such things mentioned this album to me recently and said it was really good, so with that advice and the comments here, I think I shall investigate further.

Oh and Rob Halford is more metal than anyone, except possibly Ross the Boss and Joey DeMaio! :D

Advertisement