Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gigs in the Venue

Options
  • 26-10-2006 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

why dont people petition for more gigs (or any at this point) in the venue. it used to be jammed nearly every night a few years sgo and now its being let go to waste. ents crew need to get their act together.

come on people, an im not talkin about the usual crap of novelty cover bands or tribute acts or the no brainer aslan or revs crap. im talkin up and comingirish talent, hell, even bands from across the channel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

we need some funny comedians. not like that guy at the LGB agm. he was dire!

(i was there by mistake)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

we need some funny comedians. not like that guy at the LGB agm. he was dire!

(i was there by mistake)

It was GLB... and yeah, those guys, I think 3 in total, were rubbish.

The reason we haven't had anything good yet this year is because we only just got an entertainments officer elected and the budget they have isn't exactly huge from what I hear.

If you want more ents, talk to the SU!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Wow when I was in Maynooth The Stunning played in Rag week 93 and the Pale played in 94 or 95 I think.

We had Kevin McAleer, perform, Dara O'Brion as well. Dara made a joke about Michelle Smith and the 'doping scandal' but nobody laughed and he was a bit taken aback until someone told him 'her sister is in this college. This is her!' The poor guy went so red and sweaty :D I heard him talking about it years later on the Late Late when he was asked if he had ever totall bombed at a show :)

Ents was always a problem, budget was never great, unfortunately with the continual rollover of the Ents officer position it is very hard to build up a portfolio of good contacts that the Union can build a relationship with to ensure choice of good bands so the old reliables get wheeled out every so often. Unheard of or up and coming bands are a good idea but don;t usually gnerate enough income to justify the expense unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Actually can anyone send me the Ent officer's number? I have a friend that wants to see if his band can play in the Venue. www.thegudmen.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Try him in the SU offices, you should get the number on nuimsu.com ... or at least an email address...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Ernesto

ClareBear wrote:
    Actually can anyone send me the Ent officer's number? I have a friend that wants to see if his band can play in the Venue. www.thegudmen.com
    theyre hilarious!!!!

Advertisement