Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Semaphores

• 26-10-2006 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Aloha to all who read this.

IM SICK OF SEMAPHORES.

I have an exam tomorrow morning at 9. A definate question is going to be on Semaphores. I know roughly what the do, but theres no way Ill be able to do a full question on then with an example.

No matter how many times I try to get to grips with these bloody semaphores, I just can't get it. Everything else in operating systems is fine. No problems whatsoever, just this bloody thing.

Can anyone explain a semaphore for me in plain english. A way that easy to understand and remember?

Much appreciated all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Probably too late unless you check this after you wake up but here ya go anyway...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semaphores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Thanks, got it this mornin' b4 the exam.

My lecturer went and asked a horrible question on Semaphores and asked to show an example of a number of interacting semaphores using psuedo code.

The conceeeept was vague enough to me, but that was just rediculous!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You should check out the programming forum here on boards.

Advertisement