Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

la stampa hotel, are the reviews true??

Options
  • 26-10-2006 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i have just booked la stampa hotel for new years eve €165 for a double room not including breakfast, the hotel looks amazing from the web site n the rooms look great,

but

on trip advisor i had a look at the hotel reviews and there not so good, no hot water, furniture falling apart, having to walk through the bar/pub to get to your room,air conditioning not working. not really bothered bout that or the noise or anything, but NO HOT WATER dont think i cud handle that especially as its new years eve,

i would really appreciate it if anyone has stayed there before and knows what its like

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I think you'll find a lot of the reviewers on tripadvisor fancy themselves as some kind of Michael Winner, just waiting to dump on a place over some very minor complaint. When their review doesn't sound too bad, a little lie or exaggeration here and there gives the desired effect.
    I read the reports on La Stampa too and was slightly surprised, but remember the tens of thousands of people who have stayed there without complaint. As a location for New Year's in Dublin,it can't be beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tanyad

yeah i was thinking that but the reviews are all bad, sure i cant cancel it now anyway,so il just c how it goes, anyway dont plan on getting to bed till 6 heheh new years n all, so if it is as bad as everyone is saying i wont really b able to notice

thanks for your reply

Advertisement