Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint Job

Options
  • 26-10-2006 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey,
    I just bought a car and got a really great deal. Only problem is i dont like the colour and think it actually takes away from the car.
    Could somebody give me a ball park figure of what it might cost to get a car sprayed a different colour? The car is a megane hatchback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

€1500 to €2500
    ish
    ballpark
    figures are for indicative purposes only and do not comprise or imply a quotation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭gerryjuice

wow, think ill just get some go faster stripes or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Plus, the car will be much harder to sell on afterwards. If I were you, i'd be inclined to take the attitude that you can't see it when you're in it.:)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Like I said in the last thread about someone buying a car with a colour they disliked - why did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anan1 wrote:
    the car will be much harder to sell on afterwards.

A Megane, hard to sell?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Anan1 wrote:
    Plus, the car will be much harder to sell on afterwards.
    Not if its done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

You could always look in to getting a full vinyl wrap. Any colour / design that you want.

Should come in under €1,500 and when you go to sell it, just peel the wrap off and the car is the original colour. Only problem is if you scratch it, but the wrap is done panel by panel so they can just re-do that panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

In addition to the re-spray, u gonna have to get the Reg Cert changed as well (can't see u selling a Megane that's yellow on the Cert and ferrari red in the flesh... erm, metal - I be looking @ that, I'd think it was ringed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭gerryjuice

kbannon wrote:
    Like I said in the last thread about someone buying a car with a colour they disliked - why did you buy it?

As i didnt have a huge budget, and its an 02 hatchback 19000 miles, A/C, cd player, etc for 6500. I figured id go for the spec's first rather than the colour.

Also let me just say, that the cars not yellow, illuminious green/pink. Its wine, not my favourite colour, ie it can be lived with. I figured if i could get it resprayed for under 500 i might go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Gurgle wrote:
    Not if its done properly.
    The only way to do that is to strip the car, and that'll cost an absolute fortune. Either way, the OP would lose lots of money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement