Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website loading problem

Options
  • 26-10-2006 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I'm developing a site on my PC with apache, mysql and php. When i look at the site through localhost its fine in firefox and IE but when i got to another pc on the network and type in the ip everything is fine exept the page that displays the data thats gotten from the DB will only show half the DB table entries and if you refresh the page it shows a few more, refresh again and it might show less!?

Can anyone tell whats going on here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

a problem connecting remotely to your mysql server?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I think i got to the bottom of it, it seems to only happen on a wireless connection, when i plug the laptop into the wired network the site loads fine! Checked it on two laptops and seems to be the wireless connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

A wireless connection really shouldn't have an effect on the results... Is it a particularly large query? If the signal is weak the query could be timing out, try setting the timout higher.

(I'm not sure of the specifics, I'm sure I've heard this mentioned before though, can anyone elaborate for me? could it be the php socket timeout?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

The query is basicly 'select * from table test' and then there is a loop after this in the php code to print each result into a <tr> in a table.

Advertisement