Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Housing Initiative

Options
  • 26-10-2006 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Affordable Housing Initiative? We got a Phone call from Fingal asking if we would be interested in applying. She explained how the initiative works but we are wondering if it is a good idea as we are currently on the list for Affordable housing Scheme??:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

dublin15 wrote:
    Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Affordable Housing Initiative? We got a Phone call from Fingal asking if we would be interested in applying. She explained how the initiative works but we are wondering if it is a good idea as we are currently on the list for Affordable housing Scheme??:)
    Higher income limit, lower discount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjay

dublin15 wrote:
    We got a Phone call from Fingal asking if we would be interested in applying.

You must earn more than I do! They didnt call me! :D. They dont look as good a deal as the standard Affordable Housing properties, but still a good discount. Well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭mentalson

affordable housing for rich people. you need to be on at least Eur 40,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

mentalson wrote:

I thought it was designed for people who earned at least €30k.

With regard to your point, I don’t think I would call someone who earns €40k “rich”. Someone earning this amount could probably only borrow €190k according to the mortgages.ie. A first time buyer wouldn’t be able to purchase a property in Dublin on this salary without the affordable housing scheme and affordable housing initiative.

The affordable housing initiative is different to the affordable housing scheme. It is designed for people who do not qualify for the affordable housing scheme, but still are unable to afford a property through traditional means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭mentalson

except in some areas like Cork where the only affordable housing available is Affordable Housing Iniatative. There is no other affordable housing and with prices at Eur 240,000 it really is affordable housing for the rich

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

the_batman wrote:
    I don’t think I would call someone who earns €40k “rich”.
    Bloody hell, I would!! :eek:

Does anyone know exactly these houses are?

Karyn wrote:

Do you mean in Fingal? They are in Ongar

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, I meant Fingal; cheers. Is there any info about them on the web yet? The Fingalcoco site still has Flemington on it. :(

They are not giving much information. There was an advert in the daily papers a few weeks back about them. From what I remember, the price started at about 230k, so not all that affordable!

There is nothing on the Fingal website about Ongar. However there is a press release here http://www.affordablehome.ie/uploads/documents/Press%20Releases/06.10.19%20ongar%2089%20homes%20ahp%20release.pdf
    and you can download the application form from here http://www.affordablehome.ie/home/index.aspx?id=371

J

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

mentalson wrote:
    umm someome earning 40k is hardly rich.
    You do not need to be on at least 40k but do need to earn less then 55k as a single person or 75k as a couple.
    Dun saithne in Balbriggan was one of the affordable housing initative housing estates and from what I hear they are lovely,and from the outside they look it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Karyn wrote:

There is a load of new affordable housing on what was the green in Finglas accross from Dunsink Lane.....nice neighbourhood, not sure if they're the ones that they are talking about.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    There is a load of new affordable housing on what was the green in Finglas accross from Dunsink Lane.....nice neighbourhood, not sure if they're the ones that they are talking about.

Depends on which end of Dunsink Lane... It could be Dublin City Council Area..

Advertisement