Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking to start a techno nite

• 26-10-2006 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32

ok me and a friend of mine have been djing years and have finally decided to try start or get a nite somewhere.only thing is we havent a clue where to start.how do ye get these venues,do ye need a liecence,is it exspensive.:confused::confused: could someone point us in the right direction.cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 eirekev

generally u just rent the club or a room in a club and u do wat u like they make their money on the cost to rent the room/club and on all the drink they sell then u make your money back by chargin at the door, its as easy as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

In theory its as easy as that. But it might be difficult to find a decent venue that will pull in a decent crowd to make it a succes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭topdog8

at this stage because there is so many nights now its not what you know its who you know... Getting the right venue is the key to success,, along with top class DJ's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

slim wrote:
    ok me and a friend of mine have been djing years and have finally decided to try start or get a nite somewhere.only thing is we havent a clue where to start.how do ye get these venues,do ye need a liecence,is it exspensive.:confused::confused: could someone point us in the right direction.cheers

IL GIV U A GIG SLIM OLD SKOOL ASYLUM ONLY M8 :D

U WANT SUM 1 2 ORGANISE IT FOR YOU,YA LAZY SO AND SO AND WHERES MY
    DVDS LMAO HOPE U GET 1 GOING SLIM :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 slim

ye any chance organizing it for me dub pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

Talk 2 Me Fri And We Will Discuss It Slim :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Best of luck if you go ahead. Its very hard running things in dublin nowadays, lots of empty clubs cos there's quite a bit o and there doesnt seem to be the size of support for techno there was a few yrs back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lines

There are empty clubs, but thats always gonna be the way at the start.

Just keep it in check, why not rent a small venue with very good sound (200 capacity max) and if there is two of you playing and maybe get someone who is irish but also an international act (donnacha costello, dave donohoe, rob rowland etc.) and maybe ask them to dj (cheaper than live set)

Big names are really easy to get over anyway, all you would need is a small amount of capital to start out with.

Go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

Anyone know how much a decent techno dj would cost to bring over...the likes of steve rachmad,surgeon,luke slater?

Advertisement