Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Lag fix

Options
  • 26-10-2006 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Game is unplayable on PC as theres a bug in the caching of the game which makes it laggy even in the menus.

"Those with PC laggyness with decent pcs.

Simple fix till patch is out, play an exhibition game by the time the match is at half time the game will be playable.

Just let CPU play itself then ALT Tab to keep the game running, 34 mins into 1st half its playable, gets better as the match goes on."

That will fix it.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Christ! I think I'll go for the good old PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Hey, have you heard this from many people? Mine is running perfect on the pc..better the Evo 5

Fusion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

To do with ATI cards apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

im getting a slight slowdown at the start of a game also (hava ati mobility 9700)

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

dar83 wrote:
    To do with ATI cards apparently.
    Unfortunately not :( . Unless ATI made my 6800GT.

The problem doesn't fix itself after 34mins or even after a few games... very frustrating. :mad:

I think I've tried everything bar disconnecting the gamepad. I've an external sound card that I can just switch off so sound drivers ain't loaded. I even have two versions of windows on my PC. One for doing crap on and another for playing games with the minimum amount of crap in the background. But PES6 don't like either.

The game just locks up seemingly randomly for about 0.2 of a second. Only once did it successively stutter while I was trying to line up Fernando Torres for an open goal shot - and it screwed up my aim.

It's a silly problem to release with a game, especially when it's so widespread.

And to add to the annoyance, the PS2 version seems to be the smoothest one yet! :rolleyes:

PS - my problem is in-game only. Even the replays play perfectly.

PPS - maybe this is why the PC release date is (supposed to be) a week later than PS2 and Xbox360 ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

It wasn't entirely Konami's fault. The DVD protection that they use in PES6 is causing the problem. People using a no-DVD crack (naughty!) have seen the stuttering problem disappear.

Forum rules prevent any detailed discussion, but it presents a moral dilema for paying customers and potential paying customers (as if). Buy a faulty game caused by copy protection and wait an undisclosed time for a patch, or download the cracked version (already!) that works better than the legitimate version? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

thats ****ed up

Works perfect on both my pcs with nodvd.

kdjac

Advertisement