Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying below the radar

• 26-10-2006 11:34pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A video of the French AF flying below the radar in Chad.Aircraft are French Dassault F.1 strike fighters.Turn up the volume and hold onto your seat!

http://www.glumbert.com/media/flylow

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bloody hell! Why they don't just go the whole hog and cut off the wings and put wheels on the aircraft? I mean it's obvious those guys want to be rally drivers. Cool vid BTW.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I liked the way one of them had his map out and was studying it whilst going at that speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cool. The only reason I can think of for the map is to ensure that there are no increase in the land height or for upcoming dips. Also, he adjusted something every so often on his dashboard (for lack of a better word).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

the_syco wrote:
    Also, he adjusted something every so often on his dashboard (for lack of a better word).

That was his horn, he was blowing it :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Dub13 wrote:
    I liked the way one of them had his map out and was studying it whilst going at that speed.

Can you imagine the conversation with the backseater?

"Hey, Pierre, what was that last signpost we passed?"
    "I don't know, I blinked and I missed it. Damnit Claude. I told you we should pull over and ask for directions. Look, there's a guy with a camel up there, why don't we ask him?"

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

brillant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ArturPL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Brilliant video. Mirages overfly where I live all the time, but not that low thank God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Sweet Jesus if you had your life to live over again and could actually make the grade I know what I would be at!Brilliant video.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

that video was before somewhere...think it was in the aviation forum...it was Gas the pilot reading the road map while doing god knows what speed....

found it last post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055162594

• Advertisement
Advertisement