Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on the Focusrite Saffire LE preamp?

Options
  • 27-10-2006 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Sorry im just eager to get some recording equipment (already ordered mic) and I dont have much knowledge on it at the moment so I really need your valuable advice hear so I dont make the wrong move. At the moment I have no recording equipment at all ( except for mic..) and I think I might like to start off with a good preamp (use with comp) to use my mic through and I've been lookin at this; http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=69933&my_currency=1 I have read mixed opinions on this so I have decided to ask here for the most reliable ones ;) So will I go for it? Will I not? Opinions plz.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

I'm pretty new this kind of stuff too, but I cant recommend the following enough. Especially for a beginner:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/line6_toneport_ux2.htm

I got mine recently and I am very happy with it. Its great value at 205 yoyo. You can record guitar, bass and vocals and you can get a huge amount of different tones for each. Its also very easy to use so you can spend more time perfecting your tones and on the mixing process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Focusrite have a well established reputation for supplying high quality equipment but with the boom in home recording they have started producing low end products that are made to fit into a certain budget and those units don't carry the reputation of their higher end products. If you are getting into recording you could do far, far worse than a focusrite but if reviews are anything to go by (which is a whole other story!) the Echo Audiofire offers some of the best sound quality at that price range. Just make sure that it has the bells and whistles that you may or may not want. How many instruments will you recording at the same time at most?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Yeah the Audiofire range seems nice but the software with it doesnt really appeal to me and the versions available in the same price range as the Focusrite look very small (at least the audiofire 4) and, at first look, dont seem to have many features. What do you think about the Presonus Firebox? I know thats a popular piece of equipment and I was originally thinking of that as an alternative instead of the similar priced Focusrite saffire LE.

Oh yeah, I wont really be recording instruments simultaneously so I guess two would be fine.

Advertisement