Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Bundle for Xmas - fantastic!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

is this rock solid info on the smyths deal? I went into my local smyths there an hour ago and asked the lad behind the counter if he knew anything, and he said he didnt hear anything about this offer, and that they only get their news bulletins on new offers on wednesdays.

Id nearly go for this offer if it is legit, its basically a swap of Splinter Cell, for either WWE or NFS Carbon, but with an extra wireless controller

Im gonna wait to see if it materializes, but saying if it does.. i wonder can i get my $50euro deposit back from xtra vision

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭turnfan

100% confirmed, that guy doesn't read his emails......

You can also swap Pro Evo for FIFA 07 if you want.

better range of games all round i would think too.

cheers turnfan,

rang another smyths there and after a bit of a hold, somebody was put on and confirmed it was starting this friday, only thing thats pissing me off is my funds arent the best right now and she said they wont be taking deposits on it, i was hoping to stick a deposit on and pay for the rest of it in full mid december

she said they are only taking deposits on the ps3 and wii!

hopefully that wont be the case with other smyths stores...?

EDIT: nope rang another one, they wont take deposits, nightmare... argh.. is it worth the bother to accumalte the funds for this deal or just stick with the xtra vision one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

well personally i i had been looking at the xtravision deal and planning to buy it on friday(as i had been) i would deffo switch(as i will).

Smyths deal is deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Would Xtravision return my deposit??

i rang the xtra vision i had my €50 deposit and asked, she said usually they just give 50 bob in xtra vision vouchers but that they would refund the money to me?

should be the same for yourself

Hmmm yeah i just rang them there.

Said i would get it back in gift vouchers?! What to do.....would kinda prefer NFS:Carbon tbh......

kick up a stink, the one told me she would give the 50euro back to me.

their both good deals... but the smyths deal is better, extra controller, saves 45 euro right there, and a choice of 2 games

Went in today and got cash back, which is nice of them :)

Into Smyths i go on Friday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Yikes. As a loyal playstation man I am tempted! The only thing is that I would probably have to get a HD TV too and wouldn't be able to play my old games so that's going against but that's a great deal in Smyths and Xtravision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

collecting mine tomorrow woohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

anyone know what drives the XBOX 360's from Xtravision come fitted with ?

went into smyths there to buy it, guy behind counter had to check his folder thing and came back saying

$499e
    WWE Raw
    PGR3
    GoW
    +wireless controller

i askd about pro evo 6 and he said nope, that was not included...

has anyone bought this deal yet? cos i was only going for it over the xtra vision deal because it gave a free wireless controller and the same games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

anyone know what drives the XBOX 360's from Xtravision come fitted with ?

it's the premium console with the 20GB hdd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I think he means the dvd drive. Probably looking to flash the firmware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Picked one up today, cheers for the advance notice

got gears of war, pro ev 6. pgr3 and splinter cell

only trouble is you need a 60 Htz tv to play gow and pro evo :mad:

So off to dixons to get that vga cable tomorrow

how do you tell what drive it is

What manufacture date is on the xtravision/smyths ones? Is it the GOW package that you get or is a stand alone premium one?

BArra, id go back and speak to someone else, as that deal does exist with 4 games.....!

AdrianII, have you tried to play GOW or PES on your TV? do they play at all or what? I've only got a 50Hz TV also :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

It's the new premium packaging, the box has accessories advertised on the side like vision camera, wireless headset etc.

The gears of war xbox boxes came in today, very cool looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

funkyflea wrote:
    The gears of war xbox boxes came in today, very cool looking.

sexy but effin useless next to the €500 deal in fairness. the pro evo6 360's haven't exactly flown out of shops

GStormcrow wrote:
    I think he means the dvd drive. Probably looking to flash the firmware
    I do mean the DVD drive , because there are known issues with certain ones , is that ok with you :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Harvey Norman in Dundalk have:

XBox 360 Pro
    Extra controller
    Pro Evo 6
    + 1 360 game from a list
    + ANY 360 game of your choice

... all for €466.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Bard wrote:
    Harvey Norman in Dundalk have:

XBox 360 Pro
    Extra controller
    Pro Evo 6
    + 1 360 game from a list
    + ANY 360 game of your choice

... all for €466.99

Also a very good deal, especially because this time last year, I paid €420 for just a console :rolleyes:

did you pick one up yet Pacifico?

let me know if u can change out the WWE vs Raw game for NFS Carbon, as that game does nothing for me

No i havn't got it yet. Not sure i will tbh, might get a new TV first....

I might go for the Xtravision deal though if i do, as splinter cell is ment to be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

BArra wrote:
    went into smyths there to buy it, guy behind counter had to check his folder thing and came back saying

$499e
    WWE Raw
    PGR3
    GoW
    +wireless controller

i askd about pro evo 6 and he said nope, that was not included...

has anyone bought this deal yet? cos i was only going for it over the xtra vision deal because it gave a free wireless controller and the same games.

Hmm, sounds like that guy got confused.

The Smyths offer is the PES6 360 Premium box, GoW, WWE, PGR3 + extra wireless controller.
    PES6 is definitely included as the kit you get is the PES6 Premium kit, not the standard kit.

hmm yeah it does sound like this lad was a bit of an eejit.

i wonder would it be possible to ask if you could get a differant game regarding the WWE vs RAW that comes with it, no interest in that garbage and would even settle for dead or alive 4 which costs less than WWE....

I do mean the DVD drive , because there are known issues with certain ones , is that ok with you :rolleyes:

I was trying to help so people could give you an answer you ungrateful retard :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Saw it in the paper, its real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Haven't read all the posts but incase it's not confirmed I picked up my 360 from xtra vision this morning

pro console with all games as advertised by the OP.

I also rang symth's and you can take WWE OR Carbon.

GStormcrow wrote:
    I was trying to help so people could give you an answer you ungrateful retard :rolleyes:
    "retard" cheers for that , nice person you are too ! Bear in mind if I wanted Help I could have asked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Lads relax, I'm not feeling the love around here, I don't like all this negitivity! :)

apologies for the negative vibes...

"retard" cheers for that , nice person you are too ! Bear in mind if I wanted Help I could have asked

Haha you did ask for help. You wanted to know what drive the 360 has to which project replied but got the drive type mixed up. Your welcome by the way :rolleyes:

GStormcrow wrote:
    Haha you did ask for help. You wanted to know what drive the 360 has to which project replied but got the drive type mixed up. Your welcome by the way :rolleyes:
    I'm Welcome ?!?!? for what exactly - you calling me a Retard ? Nobody even told me what DVD drives are fitted , btw I find your use of the word retard very offensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

GStormcrow are u from kazakhstan where they make jokes about retards? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Virgin are selling PGR3, extra controller, and Oblivion for 440 yo yos.
    Oh, and the console. Or at least I would hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Had a quick check
    manufactor date is 05./2006
    think its is the old dvd drive in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

turnfan wrote:
    Smyths are doing a better bundle:
    Premium System,
    Gears Of War,
    Pro Evolution Soccer 6,
    WWE Smackdown 2007 OR Need For Speed Carbon
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    AND A SECOND WIRELESS CONTROLLER
    for €499.99
    Offer available from Friday.

Just called into Smyths at lunchtime there. They're no longer offering the choice between Smackdown and NFS. You only get Smackdown now.
    So the revised package is...

Premium System,
    Gears Of War,
    Pro Evolution Soccer 6,
    WWE Smackdown 2007,
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Second Wireless Controller
    €499.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

if you know some one that works there geta 10% discount, so 450:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I just passed through Tescos and they have the premium console + wireless controller + PGR3 for €439.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

shortys94 wrote:
    if you know some one that works there geta 10% discount, so 450:)
    They should have an ex-employee scheme!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Could you just buy the premium pack,and then just immediatly swap the new unopened game,for a preowned 360 game like COD2 .Since you are spending 499euro,they should be a bit flexible.I just have no interest in wrestling games.I,LL probably end up getting the pack with gow,splinter cell in xtravision, i see no sign of it on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

robinph wrote:
    I just passed through Tescos and they have the premium console + wireless controller + PGR3 for €439.

This is the one I got on saturday with 25% off. How do I know if the drive is ok or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

I am hoping you might be able help me with this!

My boyf wants an xbox 360 for xmas and I havent got a clue what the diffent packages are!! He has the original xbox but wants to upgrade...

Everyone seems to be raving about the xtravision package... Is it any good?

What does premium mean? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Get the premuim xbox package comes with hard drive and headset which he will want probably, he will need hard drive anyway!

It really depends on what games he likes both smyths and xtra vision have similar packages . the only difference i think is that smyths have a wrestling game (WWE Smackdown 2007) instead of spy game (Splinter Cell Double Agent) and you get an extra controller in smyths.

If he is into wrestling get him the smyths package if not its much of a muchness.

• Advertisement

randomname wrote:
    Get the premuim xbox package comes with hard drive and headset which he will want probably, he will need hard drive anyway!

It really depends on what games he likes both smyths and xtra vision have similar packages . the only difference i think is that smyths have a wrestling game (WWE Smackdown 2007) instead of spy game (Splinter Cell Double Agent) and you get an extra controller in smyths.

If he is into wrestling get him the smyths package if not its much of a muchness.

Thanks random,

Do you have to book it in smyths? This type of shopping I am so not used to !!!!

Will the xbox 360 be sold out for xmas or are there new consoles being released? (I dont have the money on me right now, payday in 3 weeks!)

Hi d-redser!

Do you know what kind of games he likes? Personally I'd say the Smyths offer is better because you get the same amount of games as in the Xtravision offer (4), but you also get an extra wireless controller with it. But if he likes Splinter Cell then the other offer might be better, you don't get the extra controller but you get Splinter Cell Dark Agent (the latest Splinter Cell) instead of the wrestling game.

The Premium kit makes sure you get more with it, like the harddrive you use to store files (downloads) and save games, a wireless headset, wireless controller. Unless you're on a budget and want to save money, definitely make sure you get a Premium kit, he (or you) probably won't need to get any extra items with it then, it should have everything you need.

But just to be sure, what kind of telly do you guys have? Is it an LCD or Plasma, or an older TV? Do you know what kind of connections/inputs it has?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

I dont know what the story is with smyths and pre-booking i would phone them up and check. I would doubt they would sell out of xboxs before Xmas but i dont know how many deals will be left at that stage.

See if you can put a deposit down on it!

d-redser wrote:
    Will the xbox 360 be sold out for xmas or are there new consoles being released? (I dont have the money on me right now, payday in 3 weeks!)

It might end up sold out for Christmas, if past years are anything to go by nearly everything sells out for Christmas so get it early. You can probably book it in Smyths or buy it early, they'll be able to tell you. Call them and ask :)

There is a new console coming out aswell called the Nintendo Wii, but if he specifically asked for a 360 and he likes his Xbox, then I'd say stick with that. The Wii is a bit different, doesn't have the same type of games as the Xboxes so it might not be his cup of tea. It is cheaper than the Xbox 360 though.

koneko wrote:
    Hi d-redser!

Do you know what kind of games he likes? Personally I'd say the Smyths offer is better because you get the same amount of games as in the Xtravision offer (4), but you also get an extra wireless controller with it. But if he likes Splinter Cell then the other offer might be better, you don't get the extra controller but you get Splinter Cell Dark Agent (the latest Splinter Cell) instead of the wrestling game.

The Premium kit makes sure you get more with it, like the harddrive you use to store files (downloads) and save games, a wireless headset, wireless controller. Unless you're on a budget and want to save money, definitely make sure you get a Premium kit, he (or you) probably won't need to get any extra items with it then, it should have everything you need.

But just to be sure, what kind of telly do you guys have? Is it an LCD or Plasma, or an older TV? Do you know what kind of connections/inputs it has?

koneko,

We got a new LCD tv at the start of the year - similar to this version but alot bigger http://www.didstore.com/store_detail.asp?modelcode=23PF5321&subid=195
    Connection wise, totally over the head! He plays the orignial xbox on it plus his son's ps2.

Game wise, he is addicted to fifa 06 at the mo. Before that was the godfather and before that was an airplane game. He loves watching wrestling on tv so the smyths package might be worth looking into.

He loves playing the xbox but is no where near a computer wizard!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement