Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Bundle for Xmas - fantastic!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 scotia

managed to get a 360 from tesco this morning with GOW for 337.
    But they only had 4 left!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

can anyone let me know what all the bundle includes!??? :confused:
    Just a Xbox 360 Pro Console, Wireless Controller, Headset and GoW?
    Do they come with an extra controller or something!?
    looking to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Tesco bundle is:
    Standard Premium console,
    Wireless pad,
    20gb Hard drive,
    Wired Headset,
    Cables,
    Power supply,
    Gears of War.
    J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Picked up my GoW bundle for €337 in Jervis this morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

mloc123 wrote:
    Picked up my GoW bundle for €337 in Jervis this morning :D

Thats a serious bargain.

Thats a serious bargain.

Yeah, they were flying out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Im gonna have to take down some gamer tags, good to see so many people are getting 360's :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

picked up a GoW bundle in midleton tesco for €337, there was 1 GoW bundle left after me, and about 6 CoD bundles

cant play till santa comes though :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the GoW bundles are about €345 in xtravision, as are the cod3 and pro evo6 ones, with rental vouchers too

(just jealous over all these tesco things, c'mon christmas bonus!)

when did they become this price for XV? do u mean they are 345e if u account the vouchers too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I've joined the Xbox alumni. Got a GOW bundle in Dundrum today. Looks like there was one pre booked one left. Can't play til 25th though!

the GoW bundles are about €345 in xtravision, as are the cod3 and pro evo6 ones, with rental vouchers too

(just jealous over all these tesco things, c'mon christmas bonus!)

It was €409 up untill 2 days ago when I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I picked up the XBox bundle with Gears of War in Tesco today for €337. Not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Another one for the GOW bundle from tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

yea me too... got it this morning in dundrum... great deal cant wait till the 25th...

Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dudel

I got the gamestop deal

2 x wireless controllers
    Gears of War
    Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Vegas
    Project gotham Racing
    Moto GP
    Some Arcade s h i t

have to way til the 25th... I've started dreaming about it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

If you got, say, the gamestop or smyths deal with the 5 games and extra controller, if you traded in 3 or 4 of the games instantly how much would one get back?

Smyths or gamest0p deal €500
    Keep just gears or rainbow six, trade in 4 games, -200 ? Is this accurate, i have no idea on trade in values for 360 games, especially when there new.

If anyone could tell me thatwould be great, as may get tesco deal tomorrow and wnat to know options:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dudel

emmm you can't trade in PGR because it has multipack all over the cover.... probably get about 130 odd quid for them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

I traded in two brand new games fgrom a bundle in GAME and even though they were brand new and unopened they could only give me the current trade in 2nd hand value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Another for the Tesco Deal - not for me though... for the brother...

Defo good value...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

The Smyths near liffey valley isnt selling the 5 games + xtra controller anymore
    They say they've runout of games :mad:
    They are offering a deal of
    Xbox 360 Premium
    + extra controller
    + Game of Choice
    + Project Gotham
    + Arcade Classics
    For €469
    They wouldnt swap anything so there you have it
    Has anyone picked up the smyths deal at their other stores???

do tesco's always keep 360's in stock, im just wondering what if and possibly when my 360 gets 3 red lights cud i get it replaced by them and avoid sending it back to MS

mloc123 wrote:
    It was €409 up untill 2 days ago when I checked.

oh forgot yeah, the gears pack is €409 (i.e. gears is free)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've just been in Tesco in Ashbourne and they have ~7 GOW bundles and 5 COD3, if anyone's looking for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Do ye have to have a Tesco Club card to avail of this offer??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Scruff wrote:
    Do ye have to have a Tesco Club card to avail of this offer??
    No clubcard needed. Offer is a straight 25% off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

just picked up gears of war bundle in tesco limerick...thanks all for posting about it..at work now but will be hooking it up when i get home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭In IRL

god i want that GoW pack from tescos. does anyone know if they still have it as of Saturday 2pm. im at work so can't ring them...

dublin city area plz - ie jervis, baggot street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Well I bought one from Tescos Clare Hall On Friday, they had 5 GOW bundles and 7 COD3 bundles. Might be sold out now but give them a try.

In fact, I never even thought about buying an xbox 360 before...but the price of €337 for the premium and GOW was just too good to pass up! Glad I got it now, it is a powerful machine and GOW is one of the best games I've played in ages.

All I need now is a CHEAP wireless adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

F*ck me, has anyone bought one of the bundles in xtravision? The receipt must be 25 or 30ft long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

In IRL wrote:
    god i want that GoW pack from tescos. does anyone know if they still have it as of Saturday 2pm. im at work so can't ring them...

dublin city area plz - ie jervis, baggot street
    I ogt the GoW pack today in the Jervis. There were still a couple left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭In IRL

Elessar wrote:
    Well I bought one from Tescos Clare Hall On Friday, they had 5 GOW bundles and 7 COD3 bundles. Might be sold out now but give them a try.

In fact, I never even thought about buying an xbox 360 before...but the price of €337 for the premium and GOW was just too good to pass up! Glad I got it now, it is a powerful machine and GOW is one of the best games I've played in ages.

All I need now is a CHEAP wireless adapter.

Same with me, wasn going to get one meself but was too tempting to walk past the stand in tescos. But now i want an HD tv so I can enjoy GoW Properly:eek:

Jervis had 1 Gow set, 2 COD3 set left yesterday evening

I was going to buy a PS3, but since the 360 is pretty much half the price I bought the Gears of War bundle. Going to open at Christmas.

Got the last one in Headford, Galway too.

shortys94 wrote:
    I was going to buy a PS3, but since the 360 is pretty much half the price I bought the Gears of War bundle.

€410 -360
    €630 -ps3

not quite "half price" in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

damn.
    so where is the best deal now considering i've missed this tesco malarky?

yea as nismo said, 337 with a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

shortys94 wrote:
    yea as nismo said, 337 with a game.
    337€ with a game, 307€ with no game. ;) (From Tesco of coarse)

PS3, 630€ with no game. So Shortys94 was right.

Better than half price actually. :D

Is €630 the offical european rrp from sony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

Nephew wrote:
    F*ck me, has anyone bought one of the bundles in xtravision? The receipt must be 25 or 30ft long
    Its rental vouchers for DVD's, games etc.
    On a typical day we'll go through 2 till rolls printing those cursed things

• Advertisement

tried 3 tesco's pver the weekend and no luck getting one 2 i tried were too small to stock them and the other was out of them. The xtravision and smyths offers still going?

Spuddie wrote:
    337€ with a game, 307€ with no game. ;) (From Tesco of coarse)

PS3, 630€ with no game. So Shortys94 was right.

Better than half price actually. :D

€337 isn't the RRP on the machine, it's an in-store offer, so not quite a fair comparison in all fairness.

speaking of, is that deal the premium system? no one i know seems to be aware of it, seems like a total steal...
    mloc123 wrote:
    Is €630 the offical european rrp from sony?

it hasn't been made quite "official" yet (some chain stores are moaning, they want to pack a game for about €680 to get higher markup), but that's what sony wants...
    Scruff wrote:
    The xtravision and smyths offers still going?

yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Well got the Xbox360 (Jervis) from tesco for my brother .. made it down to Killarney tonight.. opened box... everything EXCEPT Xbox is inside...

Screwed...

I watched as they removed the security tags but obviously the dim witted muppet serving didn't have a clue that they were supposed to get one from the back sor sommat....

There goes xmas....

Fecking box was so heavy with other stuff I didn't question that something so basic as the console itself would not be included...

What the hell can I do now... I'm freaking out that they are just going to think I am a chancer !!! :(

aloleary wrote:
    Well got the Xbox360 (Jervis) from tesco for my brother .. made it down to Killarney tonight.. opened box... everything EXCEPT Xbox is inside...

Screwed...

I watched as they removed the security tags but obviously the dim witted muppet serving didn't have a clue that they were supposed to get one from the back sor sommat....

There goes xmas....

Fecking box was so heavy with other stuff I didn't question that something so basic as the console itself would not be included...

What the hell can I do now... I'm freaking out that they are just going to think I am a chancer !!! :(

Did you buy it between 10am and 1pm on Friday? I was back down at 1pm with a lad from work and they said they had sent one of without putting the console in by mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Picked up one from Gamestop with GoW + TDU + PGR3 + Splinter Cell + Arcade colletion and 2nd wireless controller ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

aloleary wrote:

Screwed...

There goes xmas....

wow thats ehh realy crap man just bring it back and hope for the best its to rediculas to be a lie

Paddy@CIRL how much was the gamestop offer?
    Smyths have stopped doing that offer for €500 now.
    Ended up getting Xbox 360 pro + GoW + PGR3 + 2nd wireless controller + Arcade Collection for €470 in smyths.
    No gamestop near me and was too tired to shop anymore. Had gone to 2 smyths, an xtravision, currys and a game shop trying to find the best deal.

anyone know where has wifi network adatpers left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

is that deal the premium system? no one i know seems to be aware of it, seems like a total steal...

Yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sam3011

does anybody know if tesco still have that deal for xbox360 a game + pro console for €337?:) My son really wants it + a game Call of duty 3 i think? This is urgent ive left it 2 the last minute got anybody tell me about any good offer with 2 wireless controllers + that game!! Thanks or ill get killed on Christmas morning:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Far as I know that offer was only on for the weekend. 25% off all electronics, has been running the last 2 weekends in a row but I dont think you could chance it this weekend :)

Advertisement