Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stationary business

Options
  • 27-10-2006 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

hi i am interested in starting a stationary business. it could be catalogue or online .any tips, advice are welcome,

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭ThomasH

It will be a good idea to start with a business plan so you know the ins and outs of your business including the finance, marketing, sales, turnover, etc.

Here is a list of things you should include in your business plan.
    • Your basic product or service
    • Your customer base
    • Your major competitors, and how you differ from them
    • Your marketing methods and sales forecasts
    • Your company structure and operation plans
    • Your management team
    • Your financial projections, and
    • How your business will be financed.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭useruser

aspasp1 wrote:
    hi i am interested in starting a stationary business. it could be catalogue or online .any tips, advice are welcome,

thanks

Tip no. 1: It's spelled "stationery."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You won't believe me, but this is a very sophisticated business. My advice would be not to go near it unless you have direct access to significant customers.

If you do want to go into it for some reason, I would suggest you acquire a couple of existing companies and try and build it up that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

useruser wrote:
    Tip no. 1: It's spelled "stationery."
    Maybe its a business where he does not have to move ... like one of those silver painted guys you see standing on a box scaring small kids :D

Advertisement