Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net Visionary Awards

Options
  • 27-10-2006 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed that Tom doesn't have a bio in it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well initially I didnt really want to be nominated, not that I mind or anything but I've always tried to keep all involvement of ego out of SSF. I wrote a biog but it turned out it was 3 times too long (50 words max) so they didnt use it and asked me for another, which I havent supplied yet. To be honest I feel a bit weird about this since firstly I've won that category before and shouldnt even be there (I've told them this but they told me I won the Education section before... which I know I didnt!), secondly I dont like taking credit for the SSF as its a community thing, I'm very proud of it but I dont want anyone saying "oh its an ego trip for Murphy" and lastly online votes are just beauty pageants and I dont feel that I've done nearly enough with the SSF to nuke that vote from orbit with Boards.
    I dunno, I probably worry too much about things :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

just get that last post into 50 words and your sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FFS I haven't seen more blubbering since Gwyneth Paltrow got that oscar. Get your profile up now pronto ya muppet !!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

*passes Tom some tissues*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

and, of course, they *all* have lovely bottoms.

sorry

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

*passes Tom some issues*

*oh wait, he's already got some...*

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

"I'd like to thank the academy..."

Seriously though, DeVore, you were the guy with the vision of "hey, lets get boards to buy lots of toys", its worked well, and even if you'd left it at that and other people had done all the work I think that would qualify as "Net Visionary".

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

lol... damned if I do, damned it I dont. :)
    I'll write a new one and with a link to www.santastrikeforce.com
    By the way, we kick off on 1st Nov this year!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

On a different note, will you have the paypal donation thingamajig again this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

DeVore wrote:
    lol... damned if I do, damned it I dont. :)
    I'll write a new one and with a link to www.santastrikeforce.com
    By the way, we kick off on 1st Nov this year!

DeV.

Woohoo
    Rabies wrote:
    On a different note, will you have the paypal donation thingamajig again this year?
    I'm sure Tom will. Its the usual [noparse][ssf].[/ssf][/noparse] tag if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Guess I'll just bump this post to congratulate Cloud on his win last night.

SSF ftw next year!

Guess I'll just bump this post to congratulate Cloud on his win last night.

SSF ftw next year!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055016834

:)

Advertisement