Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scarface Gun Needed

• 27-10-2006 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭

Im looking to put together a costume in a hurry and i happen to have a suit that will work for a tony montana (Scarface) costume, thing is i want the BIG gun from the final scene to go with it and i dunno where to get one so i was woundering if anyone has one that they would be willing to lone me till next week? willing to giv a deposit or rent it if it comes to that. Its the M4 carbine with the granade launcher. in case you dont know it its the one from the posters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Im looking to put together a costume in a hurry and i happen to have a suit that will work for a tony montana (Scarface) costume, thing is i want the BIG gun from the final scene to go with it and i dunno where to get one so i was woundering if anyone has one that they would be willing to lone me till next week? willing to giv a deposit or rent it if it comes to that. Its the M4 carbine with the granade launcher. in case you dont know it its the one from the posters.

Is this for a Halloween Ball or the likes? I dont think its a good idea to have airsoft guns in public, they are pretty realistic, so you might be attracting the wrong sort of attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

It was actually an M16 with an under-slung M206 grenade launcher, not an M4. And I agree, you wouldn't want to take an Airsoft weapon to a fancy dress party, they are virtually identical to the real article. You may get the Armed Response Unit called and that could get very messy. Moreover it will threaten future legality of Airsoft in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

you might find something in your local toy store you could use, as the others have said, airsoft guns are far too realistic for what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Fiach Dubh wrote:
    And I agree, you wouldn't want to take an Airsoft weapon to a fancy dress party, they are virtually identical to the real article. You may get the Armed Response Unit called and that could get very messy. Moreover it will threaten future legality of Airsoft in Ireland.

I can just see someone's head burried in a pile of powder, walking down the road roaring say hello to my little friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

I can just see someone's head burried in a pile of powder, walking down the road roaring say hello to my little friend

Was actualy gonna get some talc powder and glue some to my nose like the final scene. as for the realism side of it. that wouldn't be a problem as the party would be sensible people only and i know the garda working in the area anway.

I actualy knew it was an M16 and not an M4 but just left that there anyway. i was very tired when i typed it. i wanted something big that would look to scale, any toys ive seen re tiny rubbish ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

actually a lot of cosplayers in America use airsoft guns as props at cosplay events. they have a strict "red tips on at all times" policy.

i wouldnt be taking anyone red tags off or anything. i just wanted to have something realistic. whats cosplay?

Master of the Universe

its when a load of people get together and dress up as their favourite anime/videogame etc characters. obviously its originally a japanese thing. some of them look pretty amazing when done up...

however, its made its way over to america and to a lesser extent, the UK. as you can imagine, seeing a 16 stone spotty 20 year old man dressed up as ash from pokemon is NOT an attractive sight ;)

some of them use airsoft guns as props. i was reading about a guy who dresses up as solid snake and brings his famas

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

I can not believe people are even giving you the time of day on this one.

1. It is moronic to think that anyone will give you an airsoft gun worth €600+ for a piss-up halloween party. That's how things get broken.

2. It is moronic to take an airsoft rifle in public as previously pointed out. Your response that you know the guards in the area is ridiculous and just shows the level of thought processes going on. I'm so annoyed about this response, I can't even begin to formulate an idea about how to convince you how ridiculous this is. Even with red tips on, I'm sure not all Gardai are aware of the new law. It's a quick way of getting yourself in the newspapers, arrested, or both, or shot.

3. No-one who has a true interest in the future of airsoft in this country would give you time of day regarding this issue, and I feel previous responders are being overly generous with their time.

So now.

Master of the Universe

well you're not getting any of mine!! :D

• Advertisement

Your a bit jumpy there G, i would deffinatly NOT get in the papers/shot or arrested because i know the gardai and i know the gardai in the area because i am one and i already said id give the value of the gun as a deposit in case it got broken and its not a regular piss up party in a club either, i drink VERY little anyway......

AND it wasnt an airsoft in particular i was looking for but i thought somebody here might have something of that size and look even if it didnt shoot anything at all.

Master of the Universe

well, you have a few days yet. get a big plank of wood, some black paint and start carving.

lol, it may come to that.

Plus that would get me brownie points for best costume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Im sorry, you're a garda? :eek:

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Sorry. I get twitchy when people talk about bringing airsoft guns out in public. I've had mine for 3 years and I think it's been seen IRL by about 5 people. Including airsofters. It's just not a good idea, full stop. If you are a garda, you might be able to get away with it. I don't know who would lend you one though. I don't think there is such a gun in the republic. There are a few M4's which is the short version of the gun in the film. Try airsoftireland.com, although you may get laughed out of it. I'm not trying to blackguard you, just warn you of reactions. It might be easier for you if you offered to swop an airsoft rifle that you own for the weekend. Just a suggestion.

thats why i said id gladly deposit the value of the gun. i would buy the gun only it would not get here soon enough.

Advertisement