Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to Query ActiveDirectory/Exchange - Find all users w/mail forward to "X" ??

• 27-10-2006 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

I have a user who over a number of years has had the mailboxes of various other users/accounts set to forward to his mailbox.

I now need to extract a list of all users/accounts currently set to forward to him.

Environment: AD on Server 2000; Exchange 2000

Can this be done using AD itself? Or does LDIFDE need to be used, and if so, how?
    We also use Hyena - does this provide the above functionality?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

yes you can do a custom query and use ldap.

(altCategory=user)(altRecipient=*) is the string you need. that will list all users forwarding email to anyone. replace the * with the details you need to list an individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

I've never used LDIF before and I'm trying to figure out the switches/syntax to use with that but im not having any luck so far.

Here's what i've been trying:

C:\>ldifde -f output.ldf -r (altCategory=user)(altRecipient=bob)
    Connecting to "xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx"
    Logging in as current user using SSPI
    Exporting directory to file output.ldf
    Searching for entries...
    Writing out entries
    No Entries found

The command has completed successfully

Where "bob" is the user.

Would you mind giving me the full command?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

the command is for LDAP not LDIF. Do into to AD users and computers and create a custom query. I'll try and find a doc on how to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Exchange 2000 example

Simply replace the query in the example with the correct one. Pretty certain that this is similar to how one does it in the AD Users & Computers snap-in too.

Advertisement