Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Instaling front fog lights?

Options
  • 27-10-2006 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hi, I already have front fogs on my car but would like to change them for something better looking , they have already been changed by previous owner from the stock ones and are not incorporated into the bumper.

So my question is if i want to change just the design of them can i just buy new ones and cut the old wire at the bumper and attach the new ones or would i need to rewire completely? thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sure what does it matter, they will rarely get used!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

No No , You see , I use them ALL the time even day time... and i also point them upwards a bit just to blind other drivers !

As I said, for the appearance of the actuall fog light units!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just wire in using the original wiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

C_Breeze wrote:
    No No , You see , I use them ALL the time even day time... and i also point them upwards a bit just to blind other drivers !

LOL

You could also fit a Micra badge for the fully authentic effect

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Micra fogs come adjusted from factory so as to blind people, the facelifted 00 model especially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

C_Breeze wrote:
    So my question is if i want to change just the design of them can i just buy new ones and cut the old wire at the bumper and attach the new ones or would i need to rewire completely? thanks

Yes that is one option, but what you shoudl do depends on the condition of the wires currently on the car. If they are broken, etc replace them. If in good condition retain them.
    How do you plan to make the joint between the old wiring and the new?.

Advertisement