Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let the tests begin ...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

There I was doing spot checks on where the station could be heard and texting in the results, when a thought struck me.

Isn't a bit mean not to be giving anything back to all the people decent enough to text in and email with signal strengths etc?

The traffic guys in the evening give out free parking by putting everyones name in a hat. Maybe Phantom could give out a few tickets or Cd's? A bit of good PR never went amiss...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I've given in numerous reports, but I don't expect anything in return. I
    remember the weekend temp licences, Ger did reply to the reception reports with QSL letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Was on the N7 on Wednesday night come home from the Olympia, I decided to see how far I could pick up PhantomFM. the signal was loud and clear out as far as Jonston Logistics, could still pick up a great signal past the Millennium Park, past Naas, past Newbridge, start to loose the signal in the Kilcullen area but picked it up again around the Calverstown/Martinstown/Suncroft area.

Lost the signal completely around the Athy area, but surprisingly as I crossed the border in the Co.Laois I could pick up Phantom in Ballylinan. the signal was gone again by the time I reached Crettyard, so not a hope of picking it up across the border in Kilkenny. Thank god for broadband here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Going up to Belfast I checked to see where I'd lose the Phantom signal... and daft as it may sound, Phantom was breaking in on 105.2 the whole way up the road, up to the old Grosvenor Road roundabout (now flyover)

Remarkable!

Advertisement