Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Question

Options
  • 27-10-2006 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Wife is doing her driving test in a few weeks, which now includes anyone of the following:
    Technical Checks.
    You will be asked to explain how a check would be performed on any three of the following-
    (a) tyres, (b) lights, (c) reflectors, (d) indicators, (e) engine oil, (f) coolant,
    (g) windscreen washer fluid, (h) steering, (i) brakes, (j) horn.

I know how to check for all of these, except I'm not sure what they would ask about checking the brakes. Has anyone had this question or does anyone know the answer?
    I'm not sure 'driving up the road and slam on' would go down too well

Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I presume its brake fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

They get you to point to the brake fluid resevoir under the bonnet, thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

is that all? Cool. Thanks for the answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

May also be asked "How would you check the brakes" as distinct from checking the brake fluid
    Should not feel spongy. Brake gently after you move off. Should pull evenly.

Full details Here

Advertisement