Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taper madness - will it taper off?

Options
  • 27-10-2006 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

To those of you who have done marathons before (pause to worship you with awed looked on face)...

Does the taper madness improve or get worse over the weekend? I'm CLIMBING THE WALLS today. I feel like bursting into tears every 20 minutes and then laugh hysterically at odd times during the day.

Will this get better or worse as the weekend progresses? I'm starting to scare even myself....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Hey Hardy...

I haven't done the marathon before, so all I can do is offer you the comfort that I feel the same way ( well, maybe apart from bursting into tears! ). So wish this was over now, it's killing me to wait. Hang in there!

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Thanks Jason, good to know that I'm not the only one going through the madness...

I'm the same as you in that I just wish I was at the start now... (can feel the hysteria kicking off again...)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hi Lads,

I just finished my 2nd last run there at lunch time. A 3 miler. I am planning to run another easy 3 miler tomorrow and then thats it. I hope all this hard work over the last few months pays off for us. I can't wait for Monday morn. I just want to get out there and do myself some justice for all that training put in. Best of luck

Advertisement