Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSG striker Frau suspended for two months for tackling another player

• 27-10-2006 1:35pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Should he have been banned?

Reading the article he tackled another player, the other player got hurt so they ban him

Soccer is a contact sport and people are gona get hurt. there doesnt seem an indication that it was a normal situation of either one player having the ball and the other trying to regain it or a 50/50 ball.

Seems like madness to me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4IZUpHdfGc

Didn't deserve the punishment.

Completely OT, Toulouse's latest striker, Fabinho, has 6 fingers on each hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

French League disciplinary commission:

'We took into account the fact that Frau was not a violent player and did not tackle Noro with the intention to injure him'.

'Because of Noro's six-month absence, he deserved a sanction. Had the tackle been intentional the ban would have been increased'

Oh my God:eek:
    Is this for real. They have absolutely no grounds to ban him for more than the mandatory 3 games on the very basis of what they have said above! Frau should appeal, with the statement above as his very defence.
    2 months ban....but he wouldn't have got it if the player wasn't injured:confused:

I've long thought the disciplinary measures in football are a farce, but I never thought anything like this would ever happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Completely OT, Toulouse's latest striker, Fabinho, has 6 fingers on each hand.

Any pictures ?? Did a quick google image search but could only count 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

was a bit of a reckless tackle though
    but if he was sent off for violent conduct, surely the french fa can then review the punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's a ridiculous decision. He was totally going for the ball. It was just mis timed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Bit of a farce to be fair, they have shot themselves in the foot with the statement they released.
    As said, he should of got the mandatory 3 match ban and maybe an extra one or two games for the dangerous nature of tackle and injury inflicted so as to cut out such dangerous tackles but that would still be contradictory of rules as the damage caused by tackle was unintentional.
    Have to feel for the poor injured player though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

BaZmO* wrote:
    That's a ridiculous decision. He was totally going for the ball. It was just mis timed.

It was as late as the train line to navan!
    even though it wasn't intentional it was pretty bad in all fairness

The french fa have probably messed it up and he'll appeal.
    But that tack would deserve a 3 match ban on its own imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd say ben thatcer is delighted he doesnt play in the french league.

LizardKing wrote:
    Any pictures ?? Did a quick google image search but could only count 5

Haven't seen a picture, they were talking about him on James Richardson's podcast for the Guardian. Said he had 6 toes on each foot as well, but had surgery. I'm only taking their word for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Erm, thats a terrible tackle, tried to take a kneecap off there, wild high and dangerous. Ban deserved.

• Advertisement

Erm, thats a terrible tackle, tried to take a kneecap off there, wild high and dangerous. Ban deserved.

I don't think he "tried" anything, but thats only judging by his reaction really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

please tell me this is a joke......please

bad tackle yes but 2 months,wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

You can't ban someone for that long for something like that!

Horrible to look at? Yes
    Hoirrbly mis-timed? Absolutely
    Intentional? I doubt it!

3 match ban for dangerous/reckless challange as it says in the laws of the game, no more, no less.

Outrageous behaviour by the French disciplinary commitee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Its an horrendous tackle! It's high, late and has studs showing. Of course it deserves some sort of lengthy ban. Maybe two months is a bit extreme but a couple of games at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

bad tackle yes. can't deny that

but to ban the player for 2 months then release a statement like that :eek:
    madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its an 8 match ban really, as bad as thatchers, i dont think so, but i do agree that it is horribly high, horribly mistimed, studs showing. atrocious tackle.
    bit harsh, but only a bit imo

Advertisement