Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo3 - first MP screens!

Options
  • 27-10-2006 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

These are taken from a Swedish mag. They're photos of the magazine, so sorry for the quality:

PA270083.jpg
    PA270084.jpg
    PA270085.jpg
    PA270086.jpg
    PA270087.jpg
    PA270088.jpg

Not sure what to make of them..looks like UT2007 a bit in terms of graphical quality. Which is great, but I kind of expected something more/different. Apparently in the article they say it's early, but also that graphics aren't a high priority for them as a story-telling mechanic.

There's some translated details which I'll edit in shortly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

meh

halo wars looks decent tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

were did ya steel that from .any good q pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

wow... doesn't inject any excitement at all.

all looks very halo2 tbh :|

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, not really blown away at all there; just looks like what's been with a bit more gloss on top...
    hopefully it is just an early-days thing, but I think the real improvement for Halo 3 won't be textures as much as physics and so on, including the way the characters move.
    Besides, the 2nd halo looked much nicer than the first but wasn't nearly as entertaining in SP mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wow they look absolutely amazing.....!!!11

:rolleyes: at bungie tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Cremo wrote:
    wow they look absolutely amazing.....!!!11

:rolleyes: at bungie tbh

Gameplay ftw, tbh. :rolleyes:
    It can look like halo2 all it wants, just once it doesn't play like h2.

but seriously something that's going to be released on an xbox360 i wouldn't expect it to look like a xbox game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Gameplay ftw, tbh. :rolleyes:
    It can look like halo2 all it wants, just once it doesn't play like h2.

Will they be adding gameplay this time too? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

oooohhh zing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Funny man :rolleyes:

I guess your entitled to your opinion as much as I am, but I'm looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

am i the only one who thinks the halo games are over rated? not saying theyre bad just theres better first person shooters out there,half life 2 and far cry (pc one not the crappy console versions) spring to mind,dont get me wront the open air levels of the first one were cool but theres only a handful of weapons and the enemy design is terrible,brightly coloured aliens that look like something from a power ranger show

krudler wrote:
    am i the only one who thinks the halo games are over rated?
    no...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

krudler wrote:
    am i the only one who thinks the halo games are over rated? not saying theyre bad just theres better first person shooters out there,half life 2 and far cry (pc one not the crappy console versions) spring to mind,dont get me wront the open air levels of the first one were cool but theres only a handful of weapons and the enemy design is terrible,brightly coloured aliens that look like something from a power ranger show

I agree with you wholeheartedly my man. I could rant about Halo but did so a couple of days ago so it's ok.
    Although must disagree with you on Far Cry Instincts - a fine and dandy game in my opinion, possibly my favourite FPS on XBox (although CoR is superb, and I suspect the HL2 conversion is excellent too) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

krudler wrote:
    I'm another one agreeing with you, I finished the first one, and played a good bit of the second, and it wasn't bad, but nowhere near as good as some people go on about. I'd say i'd give it about a 6.5/10 if I was reviewing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Agreed,Halo is THE most overrated game in history imo.
    Good game but thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Disagree.
    Halo is the definitive console FPS -- you don't get that title without reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A title that you have given it. Only rabid fanboys would think that it's anyway definitive. Admittedly Halo was quite groundbreaking when it was released but when the hype machine cleared you began to notice that the game couldn't keep the pace of the earlier levels. Halo 2 was a real letdown. The reason Halo 1 is held in such high regard is that it was the only xbox game worth playing for almost a year an a half. There are far better FPS games on both PC and console.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Dcully wrote:
    Good game but thats all.

I'd say the sims is, but that's all a matter of opinion.
    I'm not a huge FPS gamer, mainly because I suck at them (although I never give them enough time, I get frustrated too quickly) and because my PC, where the FPS should really be experienced, is too sucky to manage a decent modern game.
    That said I think Halo is a great game, Halo 2 online is also great fun. They're not the greatest games but Halo 2 is easily the game I play the most on my Xbox and possibly across all my consoles... that said I haven't bought a new game for the xbox since Conker due to a lack of funds, although I have put plenty of man-hours into DS games like Nintendogs, Animal Crossing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Dcully wrote:
    Good game but thats all.

Pretty much. The major flaw being the levels, which repeat themselves over and over and over and over...

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Disagree.
    Halo is the definitive console FPS -- you don't get that title without reason.

goldeneye anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Cremo wrote:
    goldeneye anyone?
    Yes, GoldenEye.. Halo is but a pretender to its throne.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

there are more new pics of halo3 up on xboxic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

I have mixed feelings, i loved halo 1 and payed it to death and i was hugly awating halo2 and managed to get it a few days before it went on sale but found myself realy dissapointed. i liked the game but the graffics were jumpy and textures were poping in and out during cut-scenes and on top of all that i finished it in 8hours 35miniuts over two sittings then finished it again on legendary all before the release date, and when it ended i felt so ripped off.
    I wont be running out for halo3 but i will want to get it. i'll most likely rent it first and buy it if i dont finish it before bringing it back or just wait for a second hand copy. i highly doubt it will be worth the asking price of games theese days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Halo 1, yeah first few levels are sorta bearable then oh look, a corridor that looks the same as the one I just left and oh what's this? another corridor that's identical to the last one and repeat and repeat in an eternal loop killing as someone said above bad guys that would look even too silly to be in power rangers and then uninstall and wonder what the hell the console bois are smoking.

Advertisement