Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone sim €25, €80 euro credit?

• 27-10-2006 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

A new phone shop in Swan Centre, Rathmines, are selling Voda sim packs for €25 with allegedly €80 credit on them... I asked if it was really €80 on them and if they were sim packs from phone upgrades, but he said it was really €80 on them.. Anyone bought there? I was hesitant to do it because the pack looked just like the €9.99 sim packs from Vodafone Stores with €25 credit..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I was telling a story recently about a Voda sim card I purchased for a tenner (to keep an old phone as a spare) and was told by the guy in the store that it came with 80.00 euro's credit (over 8 months) .....

and do you know what? ..... :confused:

it did !!!! ...... the credit came thru as promised .... :)

(purchased just over a year ago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I see... Where did you buy it? Did it look just like the €25 credit sim packs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

All vodafone prepay's come with €80 credit (tenner a month for 8 months, when you register your details with vodafone on or after purchase) be they new connections, upgrades or sim packs. Sim only packs are €10. €25 for a sim only pack sounds well dodgy, avoid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

All vodafone prepay's come with €80 credit (tenner a month for 8 months, when you register your details with vodafone on or after purchase) be they new connections, upgrades or sim packs. Sim only packs are €10. €25 for a sim only pack sounds well dodgy, avoid!
    are you sure about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I see... Where did you buy it? Did it look just like the €25 credit sim packs?

I purchased the 10.00 euro sim in Shannon town centre (a bit over a year ago) ........ can't say I've seen the 25.00 packs .....

If your ok with Voda and RTG and need a sim it seems a good deal to me .... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

All vodafone prepay's come with ?80 credit (tenner a month for 8 months, when you register your details

This is not true. Only the sims bundled with a new phone, comes with 80 euros spread over 8 months. On the other side, I was wrong above, where I said that the 9.99 sim-only comes with 25 euros - it's actually only 15 euros: http://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/product.jsp?cat=simpacks&productId=16393

So what I wondered in the OP was whether they are really selling the sims from the phone+sim bundled packs standalone in this shop in Swan centre... Sounds strange that they are taking them out from the bundled packs, also you need an IMEI number to get the 8 instalments, to shop that you really bought the phone.....

Advertisement