Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Someone clear something up for me..

Options
  • 27-10-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I am in the uk driving a Uk car, with Uk insurance, But with a Irish Lisence, I got caught speeding doing 60 in a 50mph zone, knew i got caught so no biggy, Question is obviously i am going to get a fine, but i am wondering can they still apply points on my irish lisence? Also When i reged my car they spelt the name wrong, So Basicly it says David instead of Dan on the letter saying they are taken it further...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I am almost completely sure that the UK authorities cannot apply points to an Irish license. If you ever change your license for a UK one, however, you may find the points waiting for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

No points, just the fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They might require you to exchange your irish licence for a UK one if you are normally resident in the UK now. If that happens they can hit you with any previous UK points.

Advertisement