Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT Broadband connection Issue

Options
  • 27-10-2006 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

My laptop keeps loosing the its wireless connection with the Esat BT Zyxel Broadband router.

The router seems to be working fine as if I connect in a network lead the "Acquiring Network Address" does not pop up.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem before and could advise on how to resolve it.

:cool:
    Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Try going to web interface http://192.168.1.1 of your router and check you settings.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

itsomana wrote:
    My laptop keeps loosing the its wireless connection with the Esat BT Zyxel Broadband router.

The router seems to be working fine as if I connect in a network lead the "Acquiring Network Address" does not pop up.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem before and could advise on how to resolve it.

:cool:
    Regards,

have you updated the wireless card driver on the laptop? the earliest centrinos apparently had lots of difficulties with dropped connections so might be worth a try if the laptop is centrino based.

There is also the possibility that one your neighbours has a wireless network on a channel you are also using. Download netstumbler and it will show you if any other connections are around you. (www.netstumbler.com)

Advertisement