Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

port forwarding

Options
  • 27-10-2006 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

could one of you give me some help with setting up a static IP address, and port forwarding. I tried a website before but I think it's out of date. I have no problem setting the static IP, it's just getting the port that is giving me hassle.

this is where I got the information. The diagrams are not correct and the instructions aren't clear enough. Could one of you give me a hand. I am using uTorrent btw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I got it working, problem solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Marts wrote:
    I got it working, problem solved
    Thanks for helping out everyone else by explaining what the problem was, and what the solution was.

(You don't need a static address to do port forwarding. In 99% of situations you can simple ignore the static address part of the instructions, and then never have to worry about the myriad problems that will inevitably follow 6 months down the road).

Advertisement