Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CPU Usage at maximum

• 27-10-2006 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi. I hope someone can help with a problem.

I am running a Dell 9150 with XP SP2 with Pentium 4.
    Recently, at different times, it has become very slow and sometimes always grinds to a stop.

I notice in task manager that the CPU usage in the left-hand window is at maximum when this happens. When I look at the list of processes there is nothing above 1 or 2% of CPU usage except system idle process.

Would anyone know how I might go about finding out what is going on?

Thanks in advance.
    Max

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I use proxexp from sysinternals as an alternative to taskmgr

don't forget to tick the box to show processes from all users

if you run out of memory you start using the hard drive as a crutch and then you are swapping stuff in and out of memory / using the drive which might use the processor without over streatching it ( ie processor is busy waiting for memory to arrive) - not a clear explaination sorry

Advertisement