Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Fire

Options
  • 27-10-2006 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a gas fire that won't light. The pilot light is coming on but there doesn't seem to be any gas going to the fire. Is there a reason for this and how can it be resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd a similar problem with my heating last year - pilot on but little or no flame from the burner. It turned out that the electrician who was rewiring the house inadvertantly knocked the main gas valve to a nearly off position which limited the gas supply to the burner.

Check to see if you have a valve on the supply pipe to the fire and make sure it is fully open - just in case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nightcaller

hi i worked with gas is the fire on its own or is it a boiler . check and see if there
    is gas going to the fire your hear the gasif so check there is a spark if not that your problem you need a new part if there is no gas cheak the line

Advertisement