Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dial up nonsense

Options
  • 27-10-2006 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Right! I'm officially p***ed off! I am sick of dial up so it is now time to turn to broadband! Does anyone know where u can get the cheapest broadband connection and is there any you can get without a phone line. Im just so fed up with dial up taking an age that i cant research it as i'll only throw the computer out d window!
    Also i only have windows 98 does this effect me getting broadband. I'm putting it in the boardies trusted hands! To the rescue guys n gals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from After Hours.
    Where are you located? Using Windows 98 probably won't be that much of an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

kilkenny city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't know what their service is like but Digiweb have a selection of options available, lowest at 29.99 eurons per month I think. You'll have to find out if your line is enabled for broadband of course. Check here. There are probably better offers other than that available elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

There's plenty of options! Some of the more popular ones availible in your area:

Services in the Kilkenny Town area

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

thanks guys/girls fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Right! I'm officially p***ed off! I am sick of dial up so it is now time to turn to broadband! Does anyone know where u can get the cheapest broadband connection and is there any you can get without a phone line. Im just so fed up with dial up taking an age that i cant research it as i'll only throw the computer out d window!
    Also i only have windows 98 does this effect me getting broadband. I'm putting it in the boardies trusted hands! To the rescue guys n gals.
    If you're using the phoneline for anything else, then BT is the cheapest deal for broadband - €35 for 1Mbps broadband and line-rental - effectively €10.82 for the broadband and the usual €24.18 for linerental.

You'll need to get an ethernet card installed in the Win98 machine - even if you have USB ports, you really don't want to be adding any extra drivers, and ethernet drivers are about as lean and mean as they come - USB drivers will eat a lot more resources.

But start saving up for a new PC. All those flash animations that the advertisers are using these days are going to eat that old machine up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wow..I didn't know there were people out there still on dialup..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

rb_ie wrote:
    That is either pretty inapropiate sarcasim or you havent ever steped foot outside of dublin.There is a lot more people who cant get broadband than you would realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

rb_ie wrote:

A lot of the country haven't the option of broadband and only have dial-up I suppose its the case ignorance is bliss:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Oh to live in the "Metropolis" ..... :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement