Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WHATS going on in world

• 28-10-2006 2:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

my wifes uncle daughter died on wedensday at 22 yrs
    broke up with ass of boyfriend who dumped her and left her with bill ,lost her job because wasnt able to cope
    lost digs as well
    moved back to parents 2 weeks ago ,on wedensday was found by her father hanging by rope in his garage
    and seem to be doing good,my wife and family in bits and pissed off
    went to church tonight and be buried tomorrow
    a week ago,friend i work with,his son died in sleep at 22 yrs
    makes you wonder
    just blowing off steam
    sorry if in wrong area

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sad, but a part of the human condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

still sad do,speically for those who knew them,familys and friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Life is sometimes just not fair, I think that it is far harder that the deaths are of young people though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

CathyMoran wrote:
    I think that it is far harder that the deaths are of young people though.

Youth is relative, a 35 year old daughter is a young child to her mother and father.

Sad story OP. Sorry to hear about it.

• Advertisement

just came from furnal,after comming off 12 hr night shift,im dead tired,had to leave the wife with the family,as need to see a bed//because of what happened,was kinda straight at church where the priest was being very careful,at same time trying to make a point
    im drained after it with lack of sleep/all the crying and trying to keep it together/one of the longest days i put down in a while
    need to get some sleep and go back to family affair
    words fail me

chump wrote:
    Youth is relative, a 35 year old daughter is a young child to her mother and father.

Sad story OP. Sorry to hear about it.
    Yes, I know, am 32 and would consider myself young. My grandmother died at 100 and it was the only time in my life that a funeral was not hard. I lost my 42 year old cousin to skin cancer that spread fairly recently and that was the sadest funeral that I was ever at.

OP - this is just a really sad situation, I do not think that you can ever make sense of these things. Sometimes life is just not fair and bad things can happen without reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

You wont know the highs until you have the lows :(

for me, 2 young people under 25 years to die in less tjan a week is abit much
    with fanily today and now onwy back trying to make sinse of it,our family are trying to come to terms that family member took there life

Imagine being 32 and being diagnosed with oesophageal cancer, I know that it is not the same as death but this happend to me this month. I know that I am fortunate that I have something to fight for but I could have taken it negatively, I do have to face the fact that I may die no matter how hard I try to beat this but I am doing all I can to beat it.

I can not make sense of the deaths though, they just are not fair. Sorry, I am not trying to belittle what has happened to people that you care about in your life but I am saying that life can be unfair without sense.

• Advertisement

friend of mine is in same stage,every day for him is another good day to live life,took awhile to get head around that he's dying,

friend of mine is in same stage,every day for him is another good day to live life,took awhile to get head around that he's dying,
    I am not dying, though there is a very big chance that I may. I have a bad cancer that has a very high death rate but I am going to beat it if it is humanly possible. I think that you need to look on the optimistic side of life. I could have taken the diagnosis badly but I want to beat this and to beat it I have to be optimistic, ocasionally I have my bad moments but they are moments not days, sure, chemo is a pain and I am going to be having massive surgery but I want to live.

Please try and look on the bright side of life. What happened recently to those you care about is terrible, help the grieving by all means but those who are dead are at peace.

at moment i worried about the who she left behind,wast her way,to say shock would be more than under statement
    when someone takes there life in family home makes alot of impacts on family and friends,its hard to explain as we still mixed up about it,at this time dont know what to say as its the way we feel ,alt of feelings and dazed
    we need time to gether ourselfs and all we can do now is support our selfs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

for me, 2 young people under 25 years to die in less tjan a week is abit much

When I was 19 in the space of a three weeks two lads who I'd grown up with died aged 22 and the father of a friend died aged 60. Deaths were of cancer, heroin overdose and a broken heart respectively. A month later my aunt died. Her death was followed by that of much loved and respected member of our community from a heart attack. A couple of months later another close friend aged 22 also died of a heroin overdose. I can tell you with all honesty that that year sucked and it's such a shame that people close to you die. Especially when they take their own life while others who wish to live lose theirs.

life hard at times,only good thing sometimes is time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

T.Sc.
    nicely put

The song "moments of pleasure" by Kate Bush is a really good song at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

"We are permitted to grieve only to because we have been lucky enough to love. To never grieve at the cost of never having loved is too dear a price to pay"... also very good...

Advertisement