Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love the 80's? Help me!!!

Options
  • 28-10-2006 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭

Okay, so we're getting the band back together.
    But they all want to do an 80's revue type of band this time around.
    I had a look at the proposed set list today and absolutely cringed!!!

So what I'm hoping from you, dear posters is that you will list your favourite songs from the 80's. COOL SONGS from the 80's. Stuff you would like to hear a band play on a night out at the pub.

I'm hoping to prove to my band mates that no one wants to hear the tripe they've listed.

So lets hear from you, the audience! What's your 80's request?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

E=MC2 by Big Audio Dynamite

Anything by the Pet Shop Boys

White Lines (So don't do it) by Melle Mel

Any of the Cure's single releases from the 80's

I could rattle on for hours...best thing you could do is post up the list of what it is your bandmaes wanna play and let us tick off what's crap or not a good idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Tears for Fears had some good stuff, Human League are from the late 70s with the synth type music going on or Frankie Goes to Hollywood. My list is very long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Anythin off Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits.

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - Bad Reputation

Anythin by Joy Division or New Order, Madness, Tom Petty, The Clash, The Ramones, U2 (ah, U2... They were good back then) and AC/DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Anything Prince released, any of the songs from the Grand Theft Auto Vice City soundtrack. And of course who could forget Eddie Murphy's Party All The Time, beautiful!!!!

But yeah, what songs are on the list which has been compiled already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

The Clash, The Jam, The Smiths,UB40, The Proclaimers, Big Country, Simple Minds,U.2, Undertones, Stiff Little Fingers,The Blades,The Specials,New Order,Frankie,Madness,The Waterboys God the Nostalgia - makes it OK to be 40!! Just wondering what your mates are playing that you reckon is crap. Theres so much thats great and I havent even moved on to my B List!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Psychedelic Furs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Obsession - Animotion :o

Clouds across the Moon - Rah Band :o

Wishing (If I had a photograph of you) - Flock of Seagulls :o

Sorry, can't help it. Always loved them. I'm sure there are tons more.

Advertisement