Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish BF2142 Clan

Options
  • 28-10-2006 7:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I have decided to strike while the iron is hot and create an irish BF2142 clan my ingame name is "Jayzus" and I have already spoken with a few ppl from boards and a few other irish guys who seemed interested about it. At the moment I have a Teamspeak and a Website setup for the clan but I would like to develop it a lot further and possible expand into renting a ranked server for the clan. Post below or Add me to the buddy list in-game if you are interested. If this is succesful it could be the start of something great. I think the .:iE/ tags i use at the moment with the clan name "Irish E-sports" looks very smart but am open to suggestions.

website = http://www.freewebs.com/devlinz/index.html
    (just a prototype freewebs at the mo with little info on it, plan on getting a proper domain for it , the forums work fine tho so post there too if your interested)

Teamspeak = 213.244.191.54:8786 no password

my xfire = devlinz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Count me in I guess. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

just a few pointers for you, coming from an experienced clan memeber.

first off, noone, and i mean NOONE will take a freewebs.whatever website seriously for a clan site. Id suggest buying a proper domain name if you really want to be taken seriously.
    Second, BF2 servers cost upwards of 100 - 200 ero a month to rent. Again, without a server, a clan is doomed to failure.
    and third, it takes clans a long time to get established and have regualr playing memebers. 2142 is more than likely going to be a flavour of the month game, and in all likelyhood wont be played much in a few months time, so youd probably be better off just trying for a bf2 clan as i cant see 2142 being taken seriously by any major ladders like enemy down or clanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

cheers for the advice dont worry im well aware how shoddy freewebs (hence the word prototype) looks but i intend on getting it hosted when the clan takes off. Same too about server pricing but i know its quite possible. I have been the admin of a call of duty clan clan for 3 years now so I think i know what im doing.

I know a lot of ppl claim they dont like 2142 as much as they do BF2 or other games but i hope it will work out like CoD2 and CoD1 whereby the bulk of the community moves over to the newer game due to the correct patches coming out and other factors such as ladders etc. being made. The only reason i didnt move to CoD2 with my old clan is because I always felt the game was worse then CoD1, for me this does not apply to bf2142 and bf2 as i think 2142 is a more fun game. I also know that a lot of people who have expressed interest already are not BF2 veterans.

if all else fails roll on UT2007 and ET:QW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

well best of luck with it anyway, hope it takes off for yas. If you need any advice im sure NRG & TIG members here can point you in the right direction

Advertisement