Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad taste?

• 28-10-2006 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Guess it depends on whose party your going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It's no good without the swastika armband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

good stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Is the party at Prince William's house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

People aren't that wound up to care.

He can just say hes a baddie in Indiana Jones if things get heated (which they won't)

Well then he'll be fine as long as he avoids Jewtown.

Why would the Germans care? The nazi's did a lot of good stuff , such as building the Autobahn, making grey fashionable and popularising the crewcut.

• Advertisement

They'd be too concerned with apologising to me for their great-grandparents roles in the holocaust to get scuffs on their jackboots.

You could point out they're not helping to dispell the violent, war-mongering stereotype by stamping on your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I would love if when you get there there's another guy dressed up as the stereotypical Jewish rabbi and by the end of the party there's some sort of drunken brawl between the two.
    Otherwise I think the costume is fine, and unless the party is formal in some way it'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Thats a hilarious costume.. I remember at a party a few years back someone dressed up as the twin towers and his mate as bin laden.. Now thats distasteful..

Your mate should tell everyone he is going as Michael McDowell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Dreamsphere

you think thats bad? in cork i saw a bouncer dressed as hitler! now that was scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

that
    is
    brilliant!
    tell him to perfect his goosestep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

A guy was dressed in a Hitler outfit at a fancy dress last night and the Polish didnt take to kindly to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nightwish wrote:
    A guy was dressed in a Hitler outfit at a fancy dress last night and the Polish didnt take to kindly to it.
    lol, I'd imagine they wouldn't.

Personally find it funny, OP so far you seem to be the only one with a major problem about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

go to my page here http://myspace.com/pauleeeeee

Click go onto the pictures section on my page and you'll see a couple of pictures of me dressed up as Hitler at a halloween party last year.

This party also had about 80% german people at it (no lie). Every person bar one thought it was funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ClockWorkOrange

I refuse to follow a link to a myspace page, i bet a million euro the page looks like ****e (possibly a tiled background) and there is dodgy music playing in the background by default... myspace is the arse hole of web ;)

Have to be registered to view the pictures anyway, and joining myspace is something I can't ever see myself doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

My Grandfather died in the concentration camps..........

Poor bastard fell out of one of the guard towers and broke his neck.

Binomate wrote:
    My Grandfather died in the concentration camps..........

Poor bastard fell out of one of the guard towers and broke his neck.

Concentration camp jokes are gas

I refuse to follow a link to a myspace page, i bet a million euro the page looks like ****e (possibly a tiled background) and there is dodgy music playing in the background by default... myspace is the arse hole of web ;)

Frank Zappa music and a tasteful, simplistic, two colour themed (with no tiling or background picture)page?

yer missing out I tell ya.

You know in the time it took you to post both of those posts, you could have copied the pictures to imageshack or another hosting site and linked them here?

rb_ie wrote:
    You know in the time it took you to post both of those posts, you could have copied the pictures to imageshack or another hosting site and linked them here?

You know in the time it took to complain in your two posts you could have easily joined myspace and looked at the pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you know that hitler wasn't actually ginger, that god he wasn't as it would of made him even more pissed off and the jews would of felt the wrath :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Cremo wrote:
    you know that hitler wasn't actually ginger, that god he wasn't as it would of made him even more pissed off :p:D

Or so the ginger revisionists would like you to think! It's a conspiracy! :eek:

• Advertisement

He wasn't?

Dammit, died my hair ginger for nothing.

You know in the time it took to complain in your two posts you could have easily joined myspace and looked at the pictures.
    Yeah but then it'd require more time to delete their spam. Then I'd have to take time to explain to randomers why they're not cool enough to be on my friends list.
    Really too much hassle, especially since its just to see pictures of you, in two seconds I found pictures of the real deal, see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Firstly, I can see Poles, Csechs, Slovakians and people from the Baltics taking exception to that costume. Secondly, some Irish bollixs' will pick up on it, and see it as a legitamate reason to start on him.
    Personally, I like the idea. Did you know, German designer, Hugo Boss, designed uniforms for German Officers, infrantry, and the S.S. before and during the war? That's why they look cool.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

it's a bit of a common gag at this stage to be honest.

Fine if he was ahead of the curve and dressed up before the Prince etc.

I'd personally think that costume is a bit **** if I saw someone wearing it now. WOW how originally crazy are you.

Now someone dressed up as Turd Furguson...

Don't get me wrong, I only wore that costume to a house party. I'd never wear it out into town on Halloween night for fear of getting the crap kicked out of me.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

My mate got a costume similar to this for halloween, I told him there is quite a good chance he could get the sh1te kicked out of him.
    Would you agree?

http://www.islandentertainmentsonline.com/acatalog/germanofficercostume1.jpg

T.Sc.

i doubt there was any chance of that happening at all. Where'd he get it anyway?

How'd the costume go down anyway?

Check out what one guy I know dressed as:
    my.php?image=picture109eu0.jpg
    He had a massive flaming torch too. Perhaps a bit OTT :)

Luckily, he wasn't coming to the same place as us on the night. Would be a bit worried about walking around the city with him dressed like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Pigman II wrote:

Someones been to see Jimmy Carr's stand up show:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Pigman II wrote:

ROFL :D

People are over sensitive. I remember once we went to a fancy dress as a ganfg of suicide bombers, complete in green uniforms, shades, beards and a Yasser Arafat style towel. One guy there was Saddam Hussein and he was the absoloute spit, we carried him around and then someone started to burn an American flag.

Im sure the tourist board loved us.

Anyway, you think thats bad, I know a guy who went to a party in a wheelchair and superman costume :eek: :D

rb_ie wrote:
    How'd the costume go down anyway?

Check out what one guy I know dressed as:
    my.php?image=picture109eu0.jpg
    He had a massive flaming torch too. Perhaps a bit OTT :)

Luckily, he wasn't coming to the same place as us on the night. Would be a bit worried about walking around the city with him dressed like that.

That's just bad...

panda100 wrote:
    Someones been to see Jimmy Carr's stand up show:)

Nah made that one up on the spot tbh.

Does Carr use that one too? I wouldn't know as I dislike the guy immensely and certainly wouln't go see him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

If you think people will object to the costume, they most probably will. Most people are just looking for excuses to start a fight.

If you think people will object to the costume, they most probably will. Most people are just looking for excuses to start a fight.
    I don't think its a case of people looking to start a fight tbh.
    A lot of people will find a humourous side to controversial topics and controversial costumes carry a shock value as well.

A bump just for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

shane86 wrote:

Anyway, you think thats bad, I know a guy who went to a party in a wheelchair and superman costume :eek: :D

LMAO. Sexcellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

A bump just for that?
    Or perhaps it is just to get yet another copy of his sig links out there?

RainyDay wrote:
    Or perhaps it is just to get yet another copy of his sig links out there?
    yeah, I was thinking it was prob something to do with that...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement