Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drogheda chinese take aways

Options
  • 28-10-2006 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know of any nice chinese take aways in drogheda?

i done mena somewhere you'd just get a curry and chip, but where you'd get a full proper chinese meal to take away

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

King of Kings at the back of the Boyne Shopping Centre is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Wok's in Wheaton Hall are also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

Dingatron wrote:

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

The Golden Rooster on Dominic's Street is good, the food is cooked in full view and tastes nice and fresh. We normally get our take-aways from here.

The Ming Garden on Trinity Street is also pretty good, it's really popular - it's a waste of time calling for a delivery on Saturday evening (we've waited 2hrs+ for delivery). But it is tasty - they seem to use more sauces/flavours than The Golden Rooster. I may be wrong but I'd imagine that this is one of the oldest most well established Chinese take-aways in Drogheda.

The one in Wheaton Hall is pretty good too, and we had a sit-down in the King of Kings which was good - I presume their take-aways are similar. Dunno about the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

europerson wrote:
    King of Kings at the back of the Boyne Shopping Centre is good.

yeah the king of kings is gorgeous but they dont deliver, you have to collect it yourself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

From a friend whos lived there all his life, King of Kings collection is the best chinese pucker in drogsville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Have to say Ming Garden is by far the nicest in Drogheda, but definetly dont ask for delivery on a sat night! much quicker to collect yourself if poss.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Dingatron wrote:
    My local Chinese and always very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think Wok's Cooking in Wheaton Hall is *AMAZING*. It's the best Chinese take away i've ever had food from anywhere in Ireland in fact. The food is so fresh, the vegetables are nice and crunch and fresh, and the lady who owns it is raking it in because the food is so good. She's a bit of an automaton who says the same thing over and over to customers but who cares, the food is excellent.

The Swan House on narrow west St is great for post-pub curry - the 3 in 1 is really good - haven't really eaten any proper food out of there though.

AVOID the chinese opposite the Swan House...I forget the name but I know lots of people who've gotten food poisoning from the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

eth0_ wrote:
    She's a bit of an automaton..

One moment pleeese.... OOOKkkkaaayyyy.... Thannnkkyooooo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

~Leanne~ wrote:
    Have to say Ming Garden is by far the nicest in Drogheda, but definetly dont ask for delivery on a sat night! much quicker to collect yourself if poss.

Learnt this the hard way... we normally collect, but felt lazy one Saturday night :D at the time though it was more :mad:
    eth0_ wrote:
    AVOID the chinese opposite the Swan House...I forget the name but I know lots of people who've gotten food poisoning from the place.

Yup, wouldn't touch the place with a barge pole, don't know anyone who's eaten from it but it just looks manky.

Just remembered, we used to get food in the Golden Bowl in Hardman's Gardens (near the McDonnells Centra) and it was grand, quite nice.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

One thing i've always wondered about Wok's Cooking and thats that there is no delivery. Rang up the first time when I first moved in and couldn't believe that they did no delivery :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

delly wrote:
    One thing i've always wondered about Wok's Cooking and thats that there is no delivery. Rang up the first time when I first moved in and couldn't believe that they did no delivery :confused:

That's the thing. They know they'll get the business regardless so I assume they don't bother with the hassle. People will travel if the foods good and I've yet to see the place empty when I'm picking something up there.

Dingatron wrote:
    That's the thing. They know they'll get the business regardless so I assume they don't bother with the hassle. People will travel if the foods good and I've yet to see the place empty when I'm picking something up there.
    True enough as there isn't really any other Chinese close enough, but on occasion i've ordered a pizza because I couldn't be arsed driving to the Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

The Oriental Inn on Peter St. do a lovely Hot Garlic sauce with yung chow fried rice, not a bad take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

does anyone know if TANGO do takeaway

i've eatin in there twice, i had one of the best meals ever served to me there 2 weeks ago, i remember it at least once a day, it was that good:D. i'm the other side of town but i'd get take away from there if they did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I got a leaflet in the door the other day from Tango advertising takeaway, so yes, they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Tango def do takeaway but dont think they do delivery. Really good food. and when you are waiting for the takeaway they give you a glass of water which tastes so good and the staff are so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Louth Video DVD

OH My GOD

Tango is the BEST Chinese take away in all of Co Louth, for both Take Away and Sit Down...

we travel the whole way from Dundalk as often as we can.
    It is just AMAZING.

You guys are SPOLIED. I only wish Tango would open in Dundalk
    ( It would save us a fortune on Petrol ).....

seriously though, if you haven't been to Tango before, then make a decision and GO there this very week.

Gerry Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

OH My GOD

Tango is the BEST Chinese take away in all of Co Louth, for both Take Away and Sit Down...

Where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Beside Lmfm and the Leisure park same complex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

heard Tango was good, aint tried it yet.

Chanco behind the town centre is fecking delicious.

Pain in your arse with the Swan house and king of kings, kings of kings gone downhill lately, last 2 times ive been the curry was water. Never again. Chanco now is delish.

Also found a place in Navan last week, Dragon Inn I think in Althumney or somewhere like that, went back the other night for a take out too was very nice.

Advertisement