Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A this week end- Its the Big one!

• 28-10-2006 11:31am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview

Biggest game of the season so far and it could go either way casue its a Milan Derby.

AC could put 4 past us or we could put 4 past team if either team is up for it.

I'm gona go with a 1-0 win for Inter. Cant see Milan scoring but there defence will be well up for it!

Saturday, October 28, 2006
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    17:00 UK Udinese v Roma Friuli
    19:30 UK AC Milan v Inter Milan San Siro

Sunday, October 29, 2006
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    14:00 UK Ascoli v Siena Stadio del Duca
    14:00 UK Cagliari v Sampdoria Sant'Elia
    14:00 UK Catania Calcio v Torino Angelo Massimino
    14:00 UK Fiorentina v Palermo Artemio Franchi
    14:00 UK Lazio v Reggina Stadio Olimpico
    14:00 UK Messina v Chievo Verona Stadio San Filippo
    14:00 UK Parma v Atalanta Ennio Tardini
    19:30 UK Livorno v Empoli

Havent even looked at the other fixtuers cause I dont really care this week!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Interesting that Milan haven't been given any points back whilst Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Milan's awesome strike force will put Inter to the sword!

Seriously though, either team can win this. Inter are not unbeatable by any means but I fear that if Inter close Kaka down, then we're finished. He's been our only real threat for the last three games.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Milan's awesome strike force will put Inter to the sword!

Seriously though, either team can win this. Inter are not unbeatable by any means but I fear that if Inter close Kaka down, then we're finished. He's been our only real threat for the last three games.

This is a game were form goes out the window.

I remember going to a Milan derby a few years ago. Both teams were banging in the goals before it. Ended 0-0 but the match is unreal. If I can find the photos I'll popst them up. You get nothing like it in England.

The songs the chants it has everything. I'm just surprised that attendances are falling. If they got this crowd in every week they wouldnt have to worry about it!

Is the Milan derby on TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Is the Milan derby on TV?

Yeah its on Bravo

• Advertisement

Sweet, I can watch it after the Newcastle game so. :D Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Fiorentina - Palermo could be a cracker of a game... Im up for Inter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Just found the match. 508 on NTL digital(Family Package)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Half an hour gone. What a score line!

2004 Derby photos.

Milan are the ones running scared now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

Good away win for Roma in udinese. About time that they started to put some form together after dropping points at home the last time out. The league is there for the taking if any of he teams at the top can put form together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Jaysus this Italian football is fierce boring, yeah?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

4' P. Vieira
    6' G. Gattuso
    17' [0 - 1] H. Crespo
    19' F. Inzaghi
    22' [0 - 2] D. Stankovic
    30' C. Seedorf
    47' [0 - 3] Z. Ibrahimovic
    50' [1 - 3] C. Seedorf
    54' D. Maicon
    55' M. Materazzi
    68' [1 - 4] M. Materazzi
    69' M. Materazzi red card
    76' [2 - 4] A. Gilardino

kdjac

Marco Materazzi getting sent off after scoring a goal.

He did that last year as. I think maybe twice!

Whats up with Inter getting players sent off. There has been lots this season.

4-3 ****ing hell! Sounds like a classic. Had everything?

Did any one record the match if they did any chance of posting it to me? I'll pay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Boring Serie A (to paraphrase a previous poster) ;)

I dont know why the league has such a bad name.

The premiership has its good games and its terrible games.

kearnsr wrote:
    4-3 ****ing hell! Sounds like a classic. Had everything?

Did any one record the match if they did any chance of posting it to me? I'll pay!

It was live in Internet too :confused:

Check torrents it be up on them soon.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

It was live in Internet too :confused:

kdjac

Never thought of checking out live streams.
    KdjaCL wrote:

Check torrents it be up on them soon.

kdjac

Your lucky this isnt the Lost forum or Prison Break or you'd be getting banning about now!

kearnsr wrote:

Your lucky this isnt the Lost forum or Prison Break or you'd be getting banning about now!

Why :confused: torrents are legal www.filerush.com

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    Why :confused: torrents are legal www.filerush.com

kdjac

Not all of them are!

kearnsr wrote:
    Not all of them are!

So dont post the ones that arent.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    So dont post the ones that arent.

kdjac

I wsant going to.

I wasnt been smart earlier I was just joking

Just saw the (very) delayed highlights on Setanta.

What a game.

All inter in the first half. All AC i the second half but the sending off did help them (never a sending off he didnt take off his shirt!)

Some people just deserve red-cards. :)

The quality of goals was incredible, Zlatans little flick over Nesta and cool finish was my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What a cracker of a game. Stankovic's effort was my favourite, though the headed goals by Crespo and Gilardinho were top quality.

Wish Milan could have nicked an equaliser in the last minute just to get rid of that smile Materazzi had on his face when he got sent off.

Marco doesnt do himself any favours.

Any one know what his TShirt said?

kearnsr wrote:
    Marco doesnt do himself any favours.

Any one know what his TShirt said?

It was something like "Aggiri Davide", not entirely sure of the first word but the second on is almost definitely Davide, apparently its an "innocuous greeting to someone named Davide".

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    It was something like "Aggiri Davide", not entirely sure of the first word but the second on is almost definitely Davide, apparently its an "innocuous greeting to someone named Davide".

I thought it might have something to do with the Milan fans. He wa giving them loads as he left the pitch and when he got sent off

• Advertisement

Marcos TShirt Half Way Down

Auguri Davide

=

David auguries

by google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

what a game, I hate the sterotype of italian soccer being boring and too defensive, that match was unbelievable, 7 goals in one game

heart in your mouth stuff, hope all the serie A critics watched that game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    what a game, I hate the sterotype of italian soccer being boring and too defensive, that match was unbelievable, 7 goals in one game

heart in your mouth stuff, hope all the serie A critics watched that game
    Yeah looked like quite a game alright but I missed it as I was watching La Liga. Given a choice between the two I'll always have to go for the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

But of course you still understand, Man U and Liverpool is still the best game in the world!!!!

Very disappointed that we couldn't close the gap. Our outside title hopes are now over but what a way to go. Best Milan derby I can remember and certainly the game of the season in any league so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy67 wrote:

Milan were coming strong at the end and a draw would have probably been fair in the end.

Did anyone notice Zlatans attitude when he got moved to left-midfield? He just stood there as Milan piled forward- lazy f**ker!

I think Inter were good for the win.

Inter did enough to go 4-1 up and if they hadnt have got a player sent off would've stayed at that score.

They Paddy Viera got hurt so it was 11-9 for the last 20-15mins. If AC could draw it back with those odds they didnt deserve a draw

I think Zaltan is a class player.

Saw him train and play for Ajax and he was class. Not a proven goal scorer but he does enough for me.

Maybe not the best team player

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

I think Zlatan is a complete.... not going to finish, ill get banned. He has such amazing skill, possibly the best touch in the game but his head and attitude are so far up his own ass.

If he just applied himself to the team and had a better work rate then he would be the best in the world. Imagine Gattuso with his skill? Doesn't bear thinking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Ibrahimovic is by far the most overrated striker in the world. EVER!

MrJoeSoap wrote:

The first goal for Ajax was class. Remember seeing that at the time and thinking it was the goal of the season every where.

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Ibrahimovic is by far the most overrated striker in the world. EVER!

I think thats very unfair to say. I don't believe he is over rated. I think people know exactly what they are in for when they buy him. An exceptional talent who may just self detinate!

Advertisement