Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Phones

• 28-10-2006 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I am dying to get a new phone and am meteor basiaclly because of the free txts offer. But the phones that they have are absolute crap. I have a nokia 6230, and the only decent phone they have is a 6230i. They haven't seemed to have updated any of their phones in a while, I prefer nokias. How often do they update their phones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

You could buy sim free, or else buy from vodafone or O2 and have it unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

You could buy sim free, or else buy from vodafone or O2 and have it unlocked

Yeah I know that, but I would loose out on me free credit:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Tip for you - CPW are selling off cheap unlocked Panasonic VS6 phones on Meteor - they aren't meteor branded either. They were bill only but now they're pushing to get them sold via payg- basically a sim free phone with a meteor sim.

129 euro I got mine for - 2 Megapixel camera, very light and fairly thin, bluetooth etc, not the most feature laden phone out there but it looks nice, is light and has enough to satisfy the casual user.

Wouldn't recommend it if you take an awful lot of pictures because it only has 40mb embedded memory and no expandable means but all in all a good phone.

sl1206_vs6cool_03.jpg

Definately agree though, Meteor have a crap selection at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

W810i?
    I thought I wouldn't use any other phone other than a Nokia one, however having had this phone for the last 4 months I can say that it's the best phone I ever had.
    The new Nokia phones just don't work for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor actually have the best selection at the moment, in my opinion. 4 months ago, no. Now, yes. They have some great new models. Nokia 6131, 6111, N91 Sony W810i, W300i, Samsung E370, X680, Moto V3i.

• Advertisement
Advertisement