Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What are the most popular cars amongst boards readers?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

No one admitting to having a Renault yet? :confused::)

thats becuase the BMW sales man cudnt sell it :D for thos of u who read my other post in (funney things people say when sellig a car):rolleyes: Renault arnt that bad.:o among the safest cars in the world;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

Car Mad wrote:
    thats becuase the BMW sales man cudnt sell it :D for thos of u who read my other post in (funney things people say when sellig a car):rolleyes: Renault arnt that bad.:o among the safest cars in the world;)

Just ticked the Renault box (its my wifes car, I swear!). Its been no trouble since new, 6 years and 90k miles.

I have a Saab now (just new), and had a Subi Legacy, neither of which of listed above. Particularily disappointed that Saab isn't there. Would tick that box all day.
    Vorsprung durch Technik my a*se ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

No one admitting to having a Renault yet? :confused::)

No wonder...I'm just surprised so many are admitting to owning VW/Audi/Seats.:rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

junkyard wrote:
    I'm just surprised so many are admitting to owning VW/Audi/Seats
    VW/Audi/Skoda according to the poll ;)

VW/Audi/Skoda according to the poll ;)

Same sh*te different badge.;) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Ferrari. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭demon3

Kersh wrote:

:) In Ireland driving a Ferrari, is like going to a strip club... your only going to end up frustrated... :rolleyes:

Kersh wrote:

I'd say your covered with FIAT there.;)

Thank god mines fibreglass... :D:D . Damn rusting Italian cars.

You don't see much rust nowadays but they still fall apart, pity really, they had some great ideas like the 00 Multipla, that really was a work of brilliance. I know it wasn't everyones cup of tea but it was incredibly thought out and well built, I never heard of one breaking down or falling apart, which just goes to show that Fiat can do it right if they really wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Have to agree on the Mulipla. Innovative and quirky but really fit for purpose. Brother has one & its a nice place to be, mainly because when you're inside you don't see how damn ugly it is on the outside.
    Tried to convince the missus for the family car but she's not having it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

There is something definitely wrong with this poll, I mean, only 5 people voted Alfa/Fiat !

Are they all in the garage or what, can someone tell these sweethearts to vote, otherwise we might get the wrong impression about alfas!!

BTW over 40% for German marques (stat includes Skoda but not Seat though), again surprising, didn't think there were so many owner drivers, well above market figs. May be its more aspirational than actual.

I voted for the Other category, but hey, spare a thought for alfies!!

How about a poll on what might be the next auto dinosaur?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There is something definitely wrong with this poll, I mean, only 5 people voted Alfa/Fiat !

BTW over 40% for German marques , well above market figs. May be its more aspirational than actual.
    It must be remembered Sonnenblumen, that many people who frequent the Motors forum are 'into' cars. That may explain the difference between the poll and market figures (and of course the fact that the vast majority of Boardies are probably aged under 40).There are hundreds of thousands of motorists out there who regard a car as a form of transport for getting from A to B and are only interested in the most economical and reliable way of doing so.

It must be remembered Sonnenblumen, that many people who frequent the Motors forum are 'into' cars. That may explain the difference between the poll and market figures (and of course the fact that the vast majority of Boardies are probably aged under 40).There are hundreds of thousands of motorists out there who regard a car as a form of transport for getting from A to B and are only interested in the most economical and reliable way of doing so.

My previous post was more fun than fact, given the Poll numbers are relatively miniscule and therefore more likely to be irrelevant than conclusive. Perhaps the typical Boardie is <40 and probably more into cars than say Joe Public, but I think there is a much more substantial number of car owners who value car more than just a means of transport. We can thank NCT in part for this, but also the significant number of private car sales, quality of secondhand stock and more recently the significant trend in private imports.

There are probably more people who would readily relegate the car for public transport if the latter could provide a reliable but realistic transport alternative. For some yes, but for most no. Somewhere between these two groups is your A to B group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

was the poll not intended as per it's title, to reflect what percentage of boardsies drive what car
    market figures should not come into this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Mazda for me.
    Can't wait to find out how much a 3 MPS will cost!

stevenk wrote:
    was the poll not intended as per it's title, to reflect what percentage of boardsies drive what car
    market figures should not come into this?!

Yes, that was the general idea but I think some people lost the plot.:rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Subaru!

Vroom Vroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Driving a Ford Taurus now with duratec 24v engine. Not too bad, 200BHP. Im actually getting better, (much better) MPG than the 1.6 passat back home! I miss the comfort of the passat though :(

Looking at an E36 328iS or M3 for myself. Or a 75ish Trans Am. So hard to get a manual here. (The taurus is shared between myself and the missus.

Wow - SUBARU- hands down!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

My first car was a Renault 4! Took dogs abuse, until the rust along the leading edge and top of the driver's side wing became too much and the wing folded back and up across the driver's door! I can still see the jaw dropping on the driver of Hiace coming in the opposite direction. Next up was an Alfasud ti until the brakepads fell out on the M25! Favorite car I ever had was a Toyota Soarer 2.5 twin turbo, a real peach IMO. Family forces an Opel Zafira now.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mighty Max

Honda Accord.. great spec for a lot less!!.

Can't wait to find out how much a 3 MPS will cost!

We had that at Mondello a few weeks ago, just the one of them, and some rx8s and mx5s. Takling customers around for mazda :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Kersh wrote:
    We had that at Mondello a few weeks ago, just the one of them, and some rx8s and mx5s. Takling customers around for mazda :):D

cool! did you drive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

BMW - the clitoris of the motoring world.......

Yep - attracts all the dicks surely!:p

gyppo wrote:
    Yep - attracts all the dicks surely!:p

There's no need for that kind of talk........Where are all the rest of the BMW supporters we need your vote now. Subaru should have been in there too, it would have been my second choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

The comment about BMW's was with tongue firmly in cheek.:D

My numero uno vote however goes to Henry Ford - If you enjoy driving a good handling car try a mondeo or focus.

cool! did you drive it?

No, unfortunately.
    My numero uno vote however goes to Henry Ford - If you enjoy driving a good handling car try a mondeo or focus

I absolutely agree, The focus is a savage handling car. Loads of guys I race against picked them as their road car to drive!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Have driven Opel, Fiat, Seat, Ford and now BMW. I'd rank them (best to worst) BMW, Ford, Seat, Opel, Fiat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I voted Alfa/Fiat. Got to love them, despite all the pure BS spouted by the majority.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement