Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What are the most popular cars amongst boards readers?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Lancia's (in the 60's) ... Fast Fords (70's) ... Hot Renaults (80's) ... Mitsubishi's (90's) ... and Scooby's (Since the new millennium).

BMW turbo diesel for high mileage business usage and as a swift daily driver.

Subaru for weekend family duties and a change of scenery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

MG ZS. Nice car but impossible to sell now that I'm sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

have fallen for my merc, never considered driving one after drivng my mates 98 E220 but the W220 S320 is a far far far superior car for power & comfort.

Driven a few BMW 3 & 5s and absolutely hated them.

Had a 95 Rover 620 exec and that was the dog's proverbials.

93 Passat 1.8 heap o shoit

97 Corsa (last opel ever I'll ever drive)

83 Corsa Saloon (ahhhh betsy)

90 Pontiac LeMans (utter and total crap that suffered the worst brake fade I've ever experienced in a car) basically a very bad old shaped astra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

nialler wrote:
    have fallen for my merc, never considered driving one after drivng my mates 98 E220 but the W220 S320 is a far far far superior car for power & comfort.

Driven a few BMW 3 & 5s and absolutely hated them.

Had a 95 Rover 620 exec and that was the dog's proverbials.

93 Passat 1.8 heap o shoit

97 Corsa (last opel ever I'll ever drive)

83 Corsa Saloon (ahhhh betsy)

90 Pontiac LeMans (utter and total crap that suffered the worst brake fade I've ever experienced in a car) basically a very bad old shaped astra.
    I thought the W140 was a superior car tbh, I had an S320 for 3 or 4 months soon after it came out and the thing was a joke, terrible build quality and as unreliable as the weather, as a matter of fact, thats why I got rid of it and its been BMW's all the way for me since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

Toyotas for me,

5th 6th and 7th gen Celica but this T-Sport will be my last. I think I'll go for a 350z next, lovely car! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Porsche ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

went from a long series of fords to nissan then toyota, lexus, BMW. nissan are ****e for reliability. toyota are top of any league except sex appeal. lexus are never worth the money you pay for them, and BMW will never really satisfy you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Poll proves one thing.... BMW are common as muck now! :)
    I rate Honda number one. Have driven at least one model from all makes listed and more not listed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I'm an Alfa man currently, having had 1 Jap, 2 French & another Alfa previously. So you could say I'm a little confused about my 'allegiance'.

Having said that, I go out and purchase according to what I want having done 'the homework' prior, and don't go down the road of what is the current fad/craze/trend.
    Thankfully, it has worked so far, hence my lack of saga's in my motoring life - worst being clipping a fox at about 50KMH. What I'm saying is, all cosmetic nothing mechanical.

Who knows whats next?? Could be a BMW, could be a Trabant - I'll only know when the time comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Silvera
    hey, where's OPEL ????

Probably in the garage.

Class :-) Having owned an Astra for 6 years, I can laugh at and cry about that comment.

No Volvo drivers out there? I'm driving a C70 coupé now and I have to say I'm loving it loads. Mind you I was only driving an Astra before. Love the S60 also, if I didn't get a C70 that was up to scratch I would have gone for the S60 - sweet motor also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Silvera wrote:
    hey, where's OPEL ????

Vote Fiat if you have diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Torn between bmw and honda - honda gets it though, last 4 or 5 cars were civics - never any trouble with them. I have a bmw now - it's a much more comfortable car and feels better built but can break your heart (and wallet)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

In recent memory

94 MK1 Seat Toledo 1.9D (after a nissan sunny the boot space was gigantic)
    98 MK1.5 Seat Toledo 1.9D (big and red with a spoiler, looked hilarious)
    2001 MK2 1.9TDi Seat Toledo (still gets to 60mph in just under 10secs :D the move to the saloon from the hatch was a mistake - hard to get stuff into the boot)

My Dad has himself a 2004 1.9SDi Seat Cordoba. Seems an OK car, but it's slow, and handles like a polo on lithium.

I like the Toledos, they're basically cheap passats. Octavias have bigger boots...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

Kersh wrote:
    I absolutely agree, The focus is a savage handling car. Loads of guys I race against picked them as their road car to drive!

Would have to disagree with this. I've driven it on some serious mountain roads and I thought it understeered horribly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Seat leon. see loads of them around these days. Oh yeah and the honda accord is my 2nd fav, it handles like its on rails, compared to the leon anyway. Leon has a better look about it.

I like the Toledos, they're basically cheap passats.
    No they're not, everyone makes that mistake. They're cheaper Jetta's/Bora's. Passat is a cheap A4. Class above the Octavia/Jetta/Toledo group.

land9 wrote:
    Torn between bmw and honda - honda gets it though, last 4 or 5 cars were civics - never any trouble with them. I have a bmw now - it's a much more comfortable car and feels better built but can break your heart (and wallet)
    It would be more comfortable, as it's 2 classes above the civic. You'd have to compare the 3-series with an Accord from the same year to be fair to both marques. Good choice with the Honda though! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

i have a toyota soarer

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

don't raise old threads please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement