Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good driving school/instructors - recommendations

Options
  • 28-10-2006 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Im getting a car over the coming weeks and although i can just about drive i wanna nget some lessons before im let loose on the roads.
    Can anyone recommend a good school/instructor? And how much will i be paying for these lessons. taking into account it will be in the instructers car cos i havent got one just yet!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

You'll probably pay the same regardless of whether or not it's the instructors car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Where are you based? Expect to pay 30-35 per hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Im tallaght. 35 quid sounds reasonable. How many hours should i be looking to take to make me competant (well i suppose how long is a piece of string).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

My wife recommends Tallaght School of Motoring. 4528848

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Im tallaght. 35 quid sounds reasonable. How many hours should i be looking to take to make me competant (well i suppose how long is a piece of string).

The number of lessons really depends on the individual learning. You never have enough lessons imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If you know what an accelerator, brake and cltch pedal are and how to use them correctly then 13-15 hours should pass your test for you.

But as Bazz said, lessons aren't always learned with an instructor or on a provisional licence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I never drove before I started my lessons, got 8 of them, bought a car and just went out and drove it from there...

You're learn much more yourself once you get your car, but Id strongly recommend the lessons first of course...

Good luck with it!

Advertisement