Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this legal

Options
  • 28-10-2006 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

The burning crusade if downloaded and used with another program to create "sandbox" where its a private server of just you.
    My question is this legal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Nah wouldn't think so, i'm sure its against the ToS somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

downloading a game cant be legal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

this isnt downloading a game but using the official blizzard download test.You download the game from blizzard officially.
    this isnt cracking a game or modding it , this is downloading in a legal way all you do is use a program on it for your own personally use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Hmmumm, therefore you will be breaking ToS in a serious way. Not sure about the legality of it but, I dont think they'ed find out if its just you using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

By connecting to a non-Blizzard authorised Server, you are breaking the EULA (End User License Agreement) the ToS (Terms of Service) and possibly some other stuff.

So yes, it would be illegal. Not to mention, pointless, a waste of time and just a little bit stupid.

• Advertisement

Ivan wrote:
    Not to mention, pointless, a waste of time and just a little bit stupid.

Yes, exactly, what are you going to do besides look at new content? You won't be able to go into any instances or anything... And you'll only be able to do some quests..

Oh and eh why do you care if its legal anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Deaddude wrote:
    Yes, exactly, what are you going to do besides look at new content? You won't be able to go into any instances or anything... And you'll only be able to do some quests..
    the world would be empty and no mobs or quest givers would be included in the sandbox version of the game. all he could do if managed to get this running without getting his account hacked in the process by the sheer amount of suspicious .exe files. on the other hand, he could spawn ragnaros and other bosses and one shot them with god mode turned on, which is pretty cool.

adnans wrote:
    he could spawn ragnaros and other bosses and one shot them with god mode turned on, which is pretty cool.

..Boring..
    /yawn
    /say That takes away from the fun of the game, the suprise and new content element :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

ragnaros isn't new or surprising :p

well, that said it was the coolest thing i'd seen in wow when i was there for the first time he rose from the lava :)

• Advertisement

Well it is new and surprising for new players, which was implied :D

Advertisement