Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Kirkless Generations

Options
  • 28-10-2006 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Emm anyone elce ee this aparently epople where so upset over the way kirk died they remade the movie without kirtk in it......

I idnt watch the full movie i only watched it from when the klingsons descover that the enterprises shields where operating on 257.4
    i liked the way the put in music from First Contact during the fight scene between piccard and sorran

The only parti dont like or problem is 1 scene when it is clearly kirks arm not piccards that is punching sorran in the head

"Here we go:
    original film name: Star Trek Generations
    new film name : Star Trek Kirkless Generations

film studio name : Paramount
    edit crew name : CBB

Date Original Film Was Released : 18 nov 1994
    Date Edit Was Released : 16th may 2006

Original Runtime : 118 min
    New Runtime : 78 min

Amount of time Cut/Added : 42 minutes cut, 2min added

Cuts removed/added/extended :
    added Picard's family book intro from Generations specail edition

removed the entire beginning including the Enterprise B scenes

removed all Captain Kirk scenes in the Nexus and in the real world

removed Picard scenes with Kirk as well as Picard scenes after he could not defeat Soren the first time

removed Riker saying: "that was the flight James T. Kirk died on"

mirrored Kirk hitting Soren, because we needed a right hand to knock Soren down the hill.

added special warp-out-of-Nexus effect (video and sound)

removed end credits and created our own (the crew from Star Tek O.S. is not participating in our movie and there are many people who are worthy of saying thank you to)

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original: We do not hate Captain Kirk, but he spoiled this movie nevertheless. Although the beginnging is kind of nicely done, it is still not a worthy death for James T., so it had to be deleted. Our plan was to make this the first Next Generation's movie, filling all the plot holes between the TV show and the movie "First COntact".
    It was dificult was to make up a story without Kirk that would work, and since we did not want Picard to fight Soren two times with bare hands, the 50 gigawatts force field had to knock him out.
    Our edition is an improvement over the original, if you like Next Generation and did not like Captain Kirk in this movie. 42 minutes of cut footage is a lot, but for the pace of the movie it was good. See for yourself.

Time needed for the edition: planning: about 10 years/ 2 weeks finally editing: 3 days sound editing: 2 days trailer: 1 day DVD layout and features: 2 days persons involved: 5"

What Do You Think 1 vote

Ive Seen It, Its Good
    0%
    Ive Seen It, Its Ok
    0%
    Ive Seen It, Its Bad
    100%
    User45701 1 vote
    I Havent Seen It, Sounds Good
    0%
    I Havent Seen It, Sounds Bad
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Your typing is a little 'strange' to say the least, and I'm not sure what point you're making here.

But, I do remember 'El Shat' on Letterman around the time of 'Generations' doing the whole promo thing for the film, and him stating that they shot an alternate ending where he didn't die.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

DublinWriter : he's on about a fan-edit of Star Trek : Generations which removes all of the Kirk scenes.

It's called 'Star Trek Kirkless Generations' and you can download it from the usual places.

First I've heard of it myself. Might see if I can get a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ive Seen It, Its Bad
    I just copy and pasted the readme that came with the movie dont blame me if its "strange" to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Looking at the edit list, what exactly does Picard have left to do in the film especially as they removed the entire Nexus plot. Dumb arses, what was wrong with the way Kirk was in the film/died, you can never please some obsessives.

Ive Seen It, Its Bad
    bascelly they made a TNG movie and the only nexus scene is piccard and guinan then magically piccard is back on veriddian III

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

basically it's rubbish, there is only one trek timeline; the official one, just like real life sometimes you don't like the outcome but thats tough

Ive Seen It, Its Bad
    true but what I did was I read william shatners novel - "The Return" its about well i wont bother telling you ill just reccemend it as a good read it starts off just as the credits roll on generations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

User45701 wrote:
    true but what I did was I read william shatners novel - "The Return" its about well i wont bother telling you ill just reccemend it as a good read it starts off just as the credits roll on generations

The shats massive ego unable to accept the fact kirk died? If anything Patrick steward should feel badly let down by that film his character was treated like a little girl crying and incapable of fighting for himself and clearly made to look inferior compared to the old man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

But, I do remember 'El Shat' on Letterman around the time of 'Generations' doing the whole promo thing for the film, and him stating that they shot an alternate ending where he didn't die.

Per Shatner's "auto"-biography he was called back to shoot another ending but only because the first one was even crappier than the one that ended up in the film. IIRC Kirk was shot in the back by Soran in the first one and test audiences hated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

When I first saw Generations I did think that the TNG crew didn´t need a Kirk or anyone else from the original series for the movie BUT the movie tunred out to be grea and I think the fact that Kirk and Picard are so different in their approach to commandeering a ship and crew, it actually added charm to the movie.

Remaking / re-editing is just lame :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Any attempt to remake this movie so Kirk doesnt die would be futile. I did hear though that Shatner was trying to get Kirk to legitimately appear in Enterprise as he is now, i.e. the older Kirk. Personally, Kirk hasnt looked well in an episode since DS9 did that brilliant Trials and Tribbulations which was just classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

User45701 wrote:
    i read them all user, i don't think it was shatners ego that prompted those books i think he saw a genuine market from disguntled fans at conventions and decided to make a few bucks, and why not?

Advertisement