Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 104 gone insane?

Options
  • 28-10-2006 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Here I was just wondering if anyone knows whats going on with FM 104, since yesterday its been playing this big ass non-stop mash-up of every song thier is with loads of electro stuff and back round noise thrown on top. Is it meant yto spook people out for halloween or whats the game?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Nope ... you're probably listening to a test transmission from Phantom 105.2 that launches on Tuesday, October 31st at noon. If you like the music you're hearing ... stay tuned to 105.2FM - Quality Sounds Only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

slipss wrote:
    Here I was just wondering if anyone knows whats going on with FM 104, since yesterday its been playing this big ass non-stop mash-up of every song thier is with loads of electro stuff and back round noise thrown on top. Is it meant yto spook people out for halloween or whats the game?

Maybe it's a rebellion by a brave soul who has locked himself in a DJ booth and is playing this non-stop to save us all from having to hear the crap they usually play. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

BrianD wrote:
    Nope ... you're probably listening to a test transmission from Phantom 105.2 that launches on Tuesday, October 31st at noon. If you like the music you're hearing ... stay tuned to 105.2FM - Quality Sounds Only!

Ahh yeah thats it, thanks I was really getting creeped out there for a minute, especially as I was talking to me freinds and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Sounds like a class station, all great music so far, not a Westlife or Rhianna song in site, about time someone set a decent radio station up. Are you something to do with the station BrianD, dj'ing on it? Is it a pirate or legit? Is it the old Phantom station back up?

EDIT: Oh I just saw the link you posted there. Never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

yep, Its probably phanthom that ur hearing, Its quite close to the fm 104 frequency. Fm104 dont change there format that radicaly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

slipss wrote:
    Ahh yeah thats it, thanks I was really getting creeped out there for a minute, especially as I was talking to me freinds and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Sounds like a class station, all great music so far, not a Westlife or Rhianna song in site, about time someone set a decent radio station up. Are you something to do with the station BrianD, dj'ing on it? Is it a pirate or legit? Is it the old Phantom station back up?

EDIT: Oh I just saw the link you posted there. Never mind.

I sure am. Phantom 105.2 will begin broadcasting 'official' on Tuesday next at noon. Frequency will be 105.2FM in Dublin and we'll be available online at www.phantom.ie. Yes, we're are legit!

• Advertisement
Advertisement