Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N95

• 28-10-2006 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

ANyone got an estimated sim free price on launch for the N95. See nothing on expansys.
    This site estimates it at €550 sim free which seems v. cheap..
    Any concrete pricing & ship date announced yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Seems about right. While that may seem cheap for that spec now, bear in mind this isn't due for another year nearly. I suspect it will be similarly priced to the N80 and N91 on release. About 650 or so on expansys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Thought it was out Q1 '07?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pity it will still have slow ass symbian installed on it.

quintron wrote:
    Thought it was out Q1 '07?

Was in my Nokia Center today getting a phone flashed, and we were talking about it. She said Summer 2007.

Cremo wrote:

I dunno what you're using but I've used it on the N91, N70 and now N80, and while not as fast as a normal phone, it's certainly not slow. Are you leaving things open by mistake? A friend of mine was complaining about slowness and he had about 10 apps running in the background.

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:

My E61 would have to disagree with your speed assumptions..
    Best symbian device I've used to date. I wouldn't call it slow at all.

Has made my palm & wce devices redundant.

I agree with chrislad that symbians multitasking ablilities can cause it to get sluggish if you leave apps open.
    But I'd take decent multitasking over palm/windows anyday.
    Roll on N95

I had an XDA Mini S running Windows Mobile. Now THAT was slow. And buggy as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I read in the paper it would be abot 950 euro and would be out before the end of the year

Nokias press release say; est €550, Q1 '07.
    What paper was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The Star i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scopoo

Hello Seller Complement Of The Sensen My Mane Is Jhone Brabo Am The General Maneger Of The New Open Complen In Dobie And In Our Complen We Buy And Sell Of Electronic Phone And Laptop So We Her In Need Of Meny Of Item In Our Comply And We Will Like To Inform You That Our Methord Of Payment Is (cheque ) Which Will Be Deliver To Your Home Address And I Will Be Buying 6 Of The Item So Kingly Get Back To Us In Our Comply Wet Your Full Information So That The Payment Can Be Made Fast Thanks And The Amount Of The 6 Item Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

scopoo would already like to pre-order 6 N95's, unfortunately he's on the wrong forum. May I suggest posting on adverts.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

or possibly www.dontselltonigeria.com ? :D

I've heard Q1 2007 for the launch. I'd expect it to be priced a little above what the N91 is priced at given the 5MP camera and GPS etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Komplett have them to order for €549 with an estmated delivery time of 45 days. It looks like they will be released in middle of February.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=327329

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Looks like quite a phone for sure, ive been using Sony Ericsson now for a few years as i lost faith in Nokia, ill wait to see what the reviews are like before i decide to purchase.

Last week the price on Komplett was €1299! Obviously a mis-print but it was mad to see this price listed for a phone.
    Now that the price has been rectifed to reflect the std list price expected, has anyone put in an order on Komplett?? I may skip my N73 plans and go straight for the N95! I wonder will x-series work on N95 when it comes out on three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

quintron wrote:
    Last week the price on Komplett was €1299! Obviously a mis-print but it was mad to see this price listed for a phone.
    Now that the price has been rectifed to reflect the std list price expected, has anyone put in an order on Komplett?? I may skip my N73 plans and go straight for the N95! I wonder will x-series work on N95 when it comes out on three?

Yeah I couldnt believe it today when I seen the price had dropped 700 quid! I wonder is the 550 a mistake because it seems very cheap for a phone of this calibre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Well even if its a mis-print if you order now at that price they would have to sell it at that price to you when it comes out. I am very, very tempted......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i've read the €550 price point elsewhere recently (can't find it now, sorry) so I don't think it's a mis-print.

i'm just wondering what GPS software will come with the N95.

I have nav4all on the g/f's N80 (and briefly on my 6230i to test it) at the moment and it's okay at a push as long as you don't use it constantly. it uses an online map repository to download map data so it's not ideal for long journeys as it will cost a bundle in gprs/3g data if you aren't careful.

The €1299 was a misprint. The €550 is the correct est retail price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Dave6195 wrote:
    Well even if its a mis-print if you order now at that price they would have to sell it at that price to you when it comes out. I am very, very tempted......;)

advertised price is only a treaty to buy....

you are not entitled to it at the misprice, altho they may honnor the sale, as they made the mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

They must sell at the advertised price, be it incorrect or not. However, if they do not wish to sell at this price they can withdraw the item from sale and relist it at a later time. Also if the order was taken, then they deffinatly have to sell for this price.

At the end of the day €550 is enough for it at the rate mobile technology is progressing and prices of component parts dropping etc.
    Lets be realistic here :rolleyes: :D

Well the N93 is a similar model(although 3.2 MP and without the GPS) and that is currently about €750 sim free in shops. Saw a price list in the telephone centre last week, so expect it to be more than that.

Its £349 stg on the Komplett uk site, so if its a mistake.. its a pretty big one.

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=327329

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭necstandards

Was looking on buy & sell. there is a guy in nigeria that is selling nokia n95 for €250. have been in contact with him, very unsure if i should proceed with buying. any hear of this guy?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

your taking the p!ss i hope...
    been hearing on the grapevine of a launch of january 27th in the UK, any confirmation? btw is the GPS reliant on your network or is it like car gps systems and satalite (SP?) based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

there is a guy in nigeria that is selling nokia n95 for €250.

Should be in the humour forum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

Is it me or does this seem like more of a bargain than the iphone. If i had the money i would love an N95 (for €550)

• Advertisement

So did anyone pony up and pre order from komplett or wha'??

Considering doing so tonite....

Advertisement