Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N95

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Thats 45 working days approx so realistically 2 months... just spoke with komplett. stocked at supplier specifically means: you order, they then call Nokia and place an order... so basically whenever Nokia wants to ship it...... so it could be later still.

But she reassured me you can always cancel your order if you see it somewhere else first....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

did ya order it? im gonna hold off til its released then order one, wanna make sure the first batch dont go dodgy as per usual...

I'll order it today I think. First batch will be of course be dodgy. Nothing some firmware won't fix I hope. If hardware is dodgy then its back to finland.
    12 mts warranty etc etc.

question...if i order from komplett and goes dodgy can i bring it to a nokia repair center like irish telephone center on nassau st or do i have to go back through the supplier?

Please. someone correct me if I'm wrong but I always assumed that Nassau Sts Nokia was the Irish official Nokia (shoppy-outlet whatever) so buying a sim free Nokia model you should be able to deal with them directly? Komplett are only a reseller not the manufacturer etc... THats what I kinda assumed...Am I talkin ****e here?

• Advertisement

well anytime i had a problem with my phone when i got them from vodafone i just went through there...but id like the official line...

just read the N95 is going to have a 950mA battery... possibly a battery vampire then especially with GPS and wifi.... any thoughts?

Q2: N95 has HSDPA chip. Does this mean that the chip will automatically revert to 3G if HSDPA is not available? Basically by virtue of it being a HSDPA chip, does it automatically support standard 3G signals? No point getting a sim free phone if data will not be supported by present irish network limitations..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

yeh I'm very interested in this aswell - even after the launch of the Iphone, this looks far superior on all fronts. the only disappointment for me is that its only 160Mb internal memory and upgrade to 2gb, which is not alot if you plan on taking pics with the camera, while having Mp3's to listen to...

There is a good review from the MoblePirates on YouTube, I;ve yet to see a bad word about it

€550 isnt alot for this type of phone, but at the same time, its not something you want to spend alot on and a newer shiney model arrives. Anyone know if any other manufacturers have anything planned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I have an N80 which has a 950mA battery and if you leave the wifi & 3g on and the nokia wlan wizard running it'll last less than 24 hours with no use, but with wifi & 3g off it lasts 3-4 days with light use. unfortunately, there's no simple way to turn off wifi completely, you have to go into the advanced settings and reduce the radio to 4mW (from 100mW) and then disable the wlan wizard. then you have to reverse the procedure if you want to use wifi again. 3g is a little easier to turn off and on, but still there's not much point in having it if you aren't going to use it.

the good news is, that with the wifi it's simple to update the firmware wirelessly with a couple of button presses on the phone which it will do painlessly with nothing more than a reboot without messing with your settings.

• Advertisement

Komplett have updated their website saying that the N95 will be available from April.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=327329

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

april seems a bit far off, some of the blogs are saying end of the month in europe is what nokia are saying at CES..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

....they also updated their price to 699 :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Article from todays examiner attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Any more info on when the n95 will be out.What kind of price will it be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

drdre wrote:
    Any more info on when the n95 will be out.What kind of price will it be.

3 uk are saying it will be available this month, most reports are end feb/early march for €550.
    until them in depth review and faqs at ASS:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/N95-Your_questions_answered.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ok so this thread has not been updated in a few months...

Does anyone know when the hell Voda or 3 are going to get the finger out and sell this phone?

It's been tooooo long already!

:(

god's toy wrote:
    Ok so this thread has not been updated in a few months...

Does anyone know when the hell Voda or 3 are going to get the finger out and sell this phone?

It's been tooooo long already!

:(

Keep waiting it will be another couple of months.just buy it sim free as when it comes out on the network it will be over priced like the 8800 sirocco.

• Advertisement

€739 sim free on expansys, 41 in stock.

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=141579

i'd say you'll be waiting a while for a contract one, see if you can find a willing friend with a ltd company and get him to expense it sim free. ;)

vibe666 wrote:
    €739 sim free on expansys, 41 in stock.

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=141579

i'd say you'll be waiting a while for a contract one, see if you can find a willing friend with a ltd company and get him to expense it sim free. ;)

Thats still expensive :o

drdre wrote:
    Thats still expensive :o

Big time!

By the time it comes out on contract it will be old news I think.

god's toy wrote:
    Big time!

By the time it comes out on contract it will be old news I think.

Yeah it will be an old phone bythe time it comes onto the networks.This always happens and is nothing new as the irish networks are just too slow.

Someone in Voda once told me that 'we' test for about 6 months or so, longer than the UK (unsure how long they test for) and said this could explain why most of the handsets sold here stay on the market unlike the UK were some are called back a few months after release and taken off the market.

Don't know if this is crap or not....

if it's anything like my N80 (which as a symbian S60 series 3 it probably will be) it'll be a phone full of great ideas poorly executed. bulky, slow and prone to crashing with poor battery life. with wifi, 3G and bluetooth on, i barely get a days average usage out of mine. :(

i can get 3 days with all that turned off but whats the point of that?

vibe666 wrote:
    if it's anything like my N80 (which as a symbian S60 series 3 it probably will be) it'll be a phone full of great ideas poorly executed. bulky, slow and prone to crashing with poor battery life. with wifi, 3G and bluetooth on, i barely get a days average usage out of mine. :(

i can get 3 days with all that turned off but whats the point of that?

I know the battery is the problem but the N95 is an amazing phone with loadz of features.

Advertisement